whats the problem?

i guys my mates got a problem his car was driving fine one day the next it was shakin 6Omph+and drags to the right, also if he full locks to the right it wont turn off its self just stays on full lock till u pull it off if u do it to the left it comes off its self :/could u tell me what it is please?, cheers :)

ahh we'll have to have a look xD littrally started day it passed mot lol it shakes then stops for a few sevs then starts againg, keeps doin that,

If it developed such a serious steering fault that soon after passing an MOT he should take it back there
...they may have missed something, or screwwed up his tracking/alignment...or missed a deterirated susspension bush etc..... o_O
...either way...doesn't sound good!

ETA: the garage that passed it can be held responsible to a point for a month or something after they say it's passed as safe, because it obviously isn't if it pulls to the side or get stuck on full lock ;)

it dosnt get stuck as sort u know when u full lock and start moving the lock turns off it self. it dosnt do it when locked to the right dose on the left, driivers side tyres starting to wear on outta edge, the only work for mot it had was new rear brake pipes and brake pipes, then he said it was fine driveing it home, then about 2/3hrs after being parked up it when out down the dauls and was doing 6Omph, and it was shaking through the wheel and starting pullling to the right, so i cant understand why :/, it cant just knock the tracking out on its on and wheel balencing surely? :/ would a dodgy ccv join joint course it?

ETA: the garage that passed it can be held responsible to a point for a month or something after they say it's passed as safe, because it obviously isn't if it pulls to the side or get stuck on full lock ;)

Sorry matey but you are wrong.

MOT test only states the vehicle is safe at time of test only (says this in the MOT book and on the mot paperwork). Also the car isn't driven on the road during the MOT test and is only put on full lock with the car raised off the ground so there would be no load on the suspension or steering.

Shaking through the steering wheel is normally wheel balancing out, tracking wouldn't normally cause a pulling to one side unless quite a way out.

I would recommend swap the front wheels to the rear and try it, see if its any better. If it is then you know you need to sort out tyres and wheel balance.

As for the car getting stuck on full lock... has the car had tracking done recently?

EDIT:

Just re-read what you wrote.

Might be worth checking that one of the CV joints isn't getting stuck when on full lock, would make sense if its freeing off after a few attempts?

Has a new CV boot been fitted and not enough grease put in the joint?

Sorry matey but you are wrong.

MOT test only states the vehicle is safe at time of test only (says this in the MOT book and on the mot paperwork). Also the car isn't driven on the road during the MOT test and is only put on full lock with the car raised off the ground so there would be no load on the suspension or steering.

Shaking through the steering wheel is normally wheel balancing out, tracking wouldn't normally cause a pulling to one side unless quite a way out.

I would recommend swap the front wheels to the rear and try it, see if its any better. If it is then you know you need to sort out tyres and wheel balance.

As for the car getting stuck on full lock... has the car had tracking done recently?
steering is also turned lock to lock while all wheels are on the floor to see if the flexi hoses catch anything

When was the MOT?

If you think your car has passed incorrectly
Contact your local VOSA office as soon as possible - you can find the address from your MOT test station or by calling 0300 123 9000.
If your complaint is accepted, you’ll get an appointment within 5 working days to recheck your vehicle for free as long as:
no more than 3 months has passed since the MOT test if it’s a corrosion-related problem
no more than 28 days has passed for other defects
You’ll get an inspection report listing any vehicle defects and advisory items.
What you describe sounds bad...if it's only just recently passed contact VOSA

https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/problems-with-your-test-result

ETA: ...my dad rekons it's just tracking...as they don't test that...get the tracking checked...alot of places only charge you if/when it needs adjusting...worth checking before hand ;)

alright guys i will get tracking checked also ibll swap wheels around, and mot was only like...last week :/he said the grip on thr front dosnt seem no where near as good as it was ither :/ive just driven it and it feels awful :/it shakes for a while then stops ffor about 1Osecs then starts again and so on...... when it shakes it just feels likes there no/little steering but ther acturly is :/its strange :/

Back