next irritating problem

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
the green machine is back on the road, in no small part due to the awesome replacement cg13 T/B I just installed ( warm idle is currently set to bout 600, should i raise it at all or is that good?) from Kovert, Thanks man.

Next problem I have is that my windscreen wipers are now only swinging at full speed. occasionally it fixes itself but if i ever use full speed, then lower it, it stays at full speed. very frustrating with only misty rain...

Any ideas on how to fix it people? Also my car creaks on the rear end during steep turns, just a single little clunk, on the left or right depending which way i turn. I have cv boots to replace with already but will it fix the problem?

Thanks guys :)

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
The little clunk you are hearing is most likely the rear swaybar moving from side to side. I had this problem with my rear whiteline swaybar. So I purchased a 'swaybar locking kit' from them. It's essentially a little piece of poly that wraps around the swaybar next to the large D bush that hold the swarbar to the body of the car. It's clamped to the swaybar with something similar to a cv boot tie.

The creaking may be coming from one end of the panhard rod, again the poly bushes are renowned to be a little noisy if not greased absoulutely correctly or it the grease has worn off the contact surfaces.

Wipers....hmmmm not too sure about that one.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
you can do the same as a 'swaybar locking kit' with a peice of cut pvc pipe and hose clamps :) just clamp i the same way as geoff described

cv's are on the front so prob wont fix the rear clunking

with any electrical problems try cleaning stuff first. the motor for the wipers ins bolted against the firewall, try cleaning any conectors and the like. my wipers stoped cause the conector was full of gunk for some reason

CMF_Dala

» CMF Member
There's a little black box near the wiper motor that controls the intermittent and slow speeds settings, when it fails your wipers can stop on random spots of the windscreen or not work properly on any function other than full speed, I've replaced mine and that fixed the problems i was having.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
bump...
so it turns out i DO have sounds from the front end when turning, 1 or 2 clicks each way, should i just replace the boots or is it too late for that?

also crumpets, that money come yet?

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
hey guys, how fast should i replace em because i really dont want to hit into the ECU funds. Im probably 5 weeks away from ECU and CAI install plus all the stuff i bought off of crumpets. I can buy the cv shafts tomorrow but will set me back another week which sucks.

Basically this week or 6 weeks from now for shafts, does it matter (i'll drive it nicely for the time being, promise)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Pierce WROTE:

"hey guys, how fast should i replace em because i really dont want to hit into the ECU funds. Im probably 5 weeks away from ECU and CAI install plus all the stuff i bought off of crumpets. I can buy the cv shafts tomorrow but will set me back another week which sucks.

Basically this week or 6 weeks from now for shafts, does it matter (i'll drive it nicely for the time being, promise)

mine were clicking bad for 12 months before i got round to changing them pierce, when they click with the steering straight then they,re desperate lol

frank

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
lol understood frank, guess i can still get the ecu first then. Cant wait too see the dyno run after its all done. Got my 2'' zorst, CAI, sr20 t/b, mullholland cams, ecu and injectors ready to go, what else can i do for n/a setup??

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Pierce WROTE:

"lol understood frank, guess i can still get the ecu first then. Cant wait too see the dyno run after its all done. Got my 2'' zorst, CAI, sr20 t/b, mullholland cams, ecu and injectors ready to go, what else can i do for n/a setup??

2mm headskim, without doubt ;) (or 1.0 pistons) (i had 3mm on this CGA, but twas too much and had to use 2 gaskets in the end)

frank

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
ha just do it like frank with a plate of glass and some sand :D awesome. only problem is getting the timing chain the correct tension, right Frank?

looks like a nice list you got there pierce, looking forward to seeing the dyno results!

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"ha just do it like frank with a plate of glass and some sand :D awesome. only problem is getting the timing chain the correct tension, right Frank?

looks like a nice list you got there pierce, looking forward to seeing the dyno results!

lol joel, if you got a few hours to spare eh, and yes you do need a low milage lower chain

frank

Back