Electrical problem - help

CMF_peanuticus

» CMF Member
Hi,

I'm using my flatmates car whilst she is on holiday as my truck had a minor turbo-fart (ie, its stuffed)

Was drivin home yesterday and whilst doing 70kph up the freeway there was a bit of a pop and the engine died, the radio went off and the clock on the dash had gone. The only thing I'd done different to normal was that I'd set the roof light to off (usually on when door open). for some reason i fiddled with that switch and the clock came back and the engine started again.

Now the odd thing is that the car runs ok-ish, definatly has an ignition problem as its a bit juddery. When I open either door the engine will stall, when I'm driving along I can hear a relay going in the dash the whole time too. I've noticed that the seatbelt light will go out after about 5 blinks when you turn the car on and go off regardless of seatbelt (not sure if this is right or not)

very odd, anyone seen this before?

Thanks
Ped

CMF_milko46

» CMF Member
has the car got an immobiliser fitted? something sounds very shonky there indeed. the radio and clock going off seems like the dome light fuse is intermittently losing power, as for the engine cutting out at the same time? unless the whole car is losing power from a bad earth or the immobiliser is dropping ignition and arming?

Back