What's the Micra S?

Hello folks, Im new to this site and new to the micra.
Basically i'm big into motor-sport and one of the 1st rungs on the ladder is a sub 1000cc championship known as the F1000. Basically the car can be setup for rallying (ie stripping seats etc and upgrading suspension+under body protection) but only on a budget level, No gas shocks for example and only one "control" tyre specified per event.
The popular car for the championship is of course the Micra 1.0s, So what I want to know is after looking on ebay the older K11 micras seem to be at a good price but the newer K11 1.0s models are a bit more expensive (as they are a later upgraded model from what I can see)
So I was hoping that some one on this forum could help me out before I go buy anything, as I want to know what makes the difference between a micra 1.0 and a micra 1.0s, and if the differences are simple (like upgraded induction or exhaust) then I may as well buy an older low millage one, or is it the engine (ie 16valve or ECU) as such upgrades are banned in the F1000, so I'd be better off spending the extra on an upgraded model.

there was no diffrance bettween the 1.0 engines. they are all the same power etc :) main diffrance is the cars trim ;)

so i would go for a basemodel. as there lighter.

The newer 1.0 doesn't use a distributor, where as the older 1.0 do. They use coil packs.

The older 1.0 are 54BHP, and the ones with coil packs are 59BHP.

there was no diffrance bettween the 1.0 engines. they are all the same power etc :) main diffrance is the cars trim ;)

so i would go for a basemodel. as there lighter.

thanks for the auber rapid response mate. I was a bit confused as i saw on a web site that they had an extra 4bhp or something minimal. I was also wondering what's the best BHP and Torque improvements possible with exhaust and air intakes? or any other easy upgrades such as spark plugs.

I think the OEM Plugs and HT leads are the best. Exhaust, you could install a full Janspeed system. Intake, you could install a cold air feed, and route it to the front of the car for better response.

i have had uprated leads, and they dont make a noticeable diff. infact i thought they where worse than standard nissan leads lol.

4-branch manifold is best performance for your money. but are abit expensive new. and are only mild steel.

cat back, i.e janspeed rally system. or custom etc. would see a gain.

standard aiir box with uprateed panel filter should be better than open top k&n ( i have ran both. preffer the uprated panel) both didnt make a noticeable diffrsance though.

as said. you could fit an air feed from the standard air box (drill the hole out so its a few inch bigger) and route the feed to the front grill. (seen this done on most micra rally prepped cars ;)

as you have said. stripping out. ditch the front belts for harness as they weight a fair bit. :)

dan

thanks guys for being so helpful. so a late 200 model will be better then, but no worries if its an S or not.
Seen as I have your attention whats the best option for suspension upgrades, on a reasonable budget and a bolt in roll cage, might as well go all out and get a stiffening one which bolts onto the suspension and will save my arse if I slide into a tree sideways! have any of you prepared your cars for competition?

uprated springs are the best thing you can do on a budget IMO. make it handle so much better.

cages dont seem to be cheap for the micra. second hand ones seem quite reasonable though if you find one! (hard to come by)

theres a few rally prepped k11's on here. i know theres two f1000 cars on here. and few other rally cars.

Back