Lmao but what's the point!?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I came out my house this morning to see my car's had a pot plant (without the pot of course) ripped out from someones garden and dumped on my roof!!! Car's absolutly covered in mud with the plant sticking out of it...

Thats the third incident to happen to my car in my road now (scratched, kicked and now this). Why do people do such stupid things?!! It could have been worse and im laughing it off, but really what is the point!

I had my alarm on silent which would have gone off, so i'l be arming that in future

Arnold

Sounds like a good plan to me, my cars parked in a public street tho so i'l obviously never be able to stop things from this happening, just would be good to see who's doing it! I didnt get back home last night till around eleven or later so i reckon its probably some ####ed up people from town walking home.

harsh mate,

i've had my car egged, paintballed and harsh things written in the mud on the side... some day i'm gonna hide in the bushes with a hammer and wait for these scum...

the egg has ruind the paintwork...

I had some things done to my car a few years ago, i seen who it was and a few days later i was driving home at about 2am and seen the person walking home drunk after a night out, safe to say he would have woken up with a few bruises, I got my payback and nothing has happened to my car since,

I'd get angry if i seen someone leaning against my car let alone people putting plants on top of it.

I know exactly how you feel bud. It really angers me when people do things to my car. At one stage I had someone draw pernament marker all over my roof, left hand side, and boot of my (white) car. I didnt see it when I got in as there was none on the right hand side but my mate missed it as he got in, but as I dropped my mate off home - he spotted it. I was attempting to wash it off at 1am :(

Had to go to a valeting garage and get them to use some remover (it came off straight away). They didnt charge me for it luckily.

Fordy said:
what about the poor plant lol :laugh:

haha! i should have kept it as a souviner (sp) and grown it at work or something, instead it ended up in someones front garden ;)

Arnold said:
haha! i should have kept it as a souviner (sp) and grown it at work or something, instead it ended up in someones front garden ;)

would be funny if somone reported you as the one that stole the plant in the first place ,,hahaha

I know the feeling. Some gits in liverpool bent my door open, could fit ya arm through the gap. Unlocked both doors and got in. I couldnt see anything gone. It was the night after i pick me wheels up from mark. I guess they were looking for the locking wheel nut key or something. I took the coil lead off when i parked up, so wasnt going anyplace. Its just so anoying, no need to do it. Just scum.

Remember though you cannot legally point a CCTV camera into a public area.

You also cannot use the pictures from it as evidence in court if you prosecute unless the camera's are registered

Alienfish360 said:
Remember though you cannot legally point a CCTV camera into a public area.

Yes you can. You are totally withing your rights to do this, either as a domestic or commercial user.

Alienfish360 said:
You also cannot use the pictures from it as evidence in court if you prosecute unless the camera's are registered

The DPA doesn't apply to domestic CCTV usage, so you can't register. Home CCTV footage has been used in court before now without registration.

We have cameras on our drive way, and a neighbour complained about it, we was told by council that our cameras couldn't record anything not on our property

If you create a nuisance by invading your neighbours privacy, he can take civil action or seek an injuction against you. But you are able to put CCTV on your property to record public space, and even your neighbours space as long as you are not invading their privacy.

Had some kid throw a snow ball at my car about a week ago... slammed my brakes on and went backwards towards him lol never seen someone run as fast... i know the area so i shot round to where the alley ends and he was running down it lol he just ran the other way :wasntme: so i just went home, would of wasted to much petrol lol

Andrew said:
If you create a nuisance by invading your neighbors privacy, he can take civil action or seek an injuction against you. But you are able to put CCTV on your property to record public space, and even your neighbors space as long as you are not invading their privacy.

Can I just clarify that taking photos or video footage of anti-social behavior im a public place is legal then?

My understanding was that provided that what your filming/photographing is taking place in a public space, or on private property that is visible from either your own property, or another public place, it is allowed.

I thought that the only area where it becomes illegal is if you have to enter someone Else's property (without consent) in order to get footage.....

The reason I'm so interested in this is because there was some inhuman piece of scum (a Mercedes driver, of course!) parking illegally with all 4 wheels on a footpath outside my grandparents living room window (which the car driver had to actually drive over my grandparents driveway in order to get access to).

He was abusive to wards my Grandparents, so I just thought that I'd get out there and take some photos on the footpath showing his car and numberplate incase I could take some kind of action against him. The monkey-like owner of the Mercedes then turned his attention shouting at me. Got him to move his car though :)

Anyway, I know its not exactly about the original topic, but it still relates to antisocial behavior. I just wanted to confirm that I was allowed to take those photos legally, and also if anyone knows who I can send them to if we do decide to take any action against him.

^Best off calling the police, get them to come down and have a look, tell them that you politely asked him to move his car as its in the way, and he gave you loads of abuse.

gam1984 you are totally entitled to do that, but as you experienced it can cause problems as well (people who break laws usually dont like being filmed/photgraphed - funny that!!)

Ed

Ed said:
gam1984 you are totally entitled to do that, but as you experienced it can cause problems as well (people who break laws usually dont like being filmed/photographed - funny that!!)

Ed

Thanks for that. Just wanted to get some advice on the legality of it from someone who knows more about the law than me! :)

Got to say that normally I wouldn't have given a damn about the guy's parking. I'm not usually anal like that, but it was just because the guy was such an obnoxious little piece of turd and being so abusive towards my grandparents, I had to do something about it on principle.

Cheers.

Some interesting info about the laws and stuff here

Arnold said:
instead it ended up in someones front garden ;)

the guy came out his house this morning and said thanks for the plant!! LOL, he's now growing it in his back yard.

Back