Whats a new cheap replacement for my SR? A1.0 Tempest is NOT!

What to do with an old SR that is getting unreliable for work?

• Pay a grand at the garage to get it fixed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scrap it and get a newer motor under a grand

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Pay one of these monthly finance polavas for something really new.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My SR has let me down for work a couple of times now.. I've got a job where I need a reliable car..So I thought I had better get something newer..
I am absolutely gutted as I love my SR (my second one - bright red) but I need something reliable, There's less than 100 on the road and it is lovely, just needs front suspension sorting, probably new brake lines, crossmember, pads, sills etc...and trying to work out the economics vs need for reliability of having it done.

So, on Saturday I bought a 1.0 tempest 52 plate in Cadbury Blue metallic....Apologies in advance to anyone who has one of these....lovely little motor, starts on the button... but I never realised how much these things Kane fuel (well it does with me 60-80 ish motorway speeds), it also has a grinding noise on idle which I'll have to investigate probably a waterpump..mmm The biggest difference in power is when your at 55-60 and there is not much there at all, obvious really, but it was cheap.

Anyway..... I hate it. It has no rear speakers, no wire there either so thats a job,, no driving lights, no boot light even, no rev counter, wind up windows, and the worse thing is I get every man and his dog tailgating me, no big exhaust tailpipe showing as on my SR...psychological I guess, but they're expecting a granny.

Anyway, I got back in my SR and realised how much I love it.....so the 1.0 tempest is going straight away...I just don't feel like pipe and slippers yet.

So question is, what can I get under a grand, that is Micra sized, newer, japanese, sunroof, sporty, reliable, no cambelt, costs buttons to run? A jazz??? A Yaris?? Suzuki Jimny?(4x4 fun) they seem like the only options...Oh and I already have an MX5 so dont say that!

Or, do I chuck a mate $$$$ or pay at a garage and have it all sorted.

Also. what are people paying for SR's with 6 months MOT? I know they are getting more sought after...

Yours Guttedly, Blanes.

My SR has let me down for work a couple of times now.. I've got a job where I need a reliable car..So I thought I had better get something newer..
I am absolutely gutted as I love my SR (my second one - bright red) but I need something reliable, There's less than 100 on the road and it is lovely, just needs front suspension sorting, probably new brake lines, crossmember, pads, sills etc...and trying to work out the economics vs need for reliability of having it done.

So, on Saturday I bought a 1.0 tempest 52 plate in Cadbury Blue metallic....Apologies in advance to anyone who has one of these....lovely little motor, starts on the button... but I never realised how much these things Kane fuel (well it does with me 60-80 ish motorway speeds), it also has a grinding noise on idle which I'll have to investigate probably a waterpump..mmm The biggest difference in power is when your at 55-60 and there is not much there at all, obvious really, but it was cheap.

Anyway..... I hate it. It has no rear speakers, no wire there either so thats a job,, no driving lights, no boot light even, no rev counter, wind up windows, and the worse thing is I get every man and his dog tailgating me, no big exhaust tailpipe showing as on my SR...psychological I guess, but they're expecting a granny.

Anyway, I got back in my SR and realised how much I love it.....so the 1.0 tempest is going straight away...I just don't feel like pipe and slippers yet.

So question is, what can I get under a grand, that is Micra sized, newer, japanese, sunroof, sporty, reliable, no cambelt, costs buttons to run? A jazz??? A Yaris?? Suzuki Jimny?(4x4 fun) they seem like the only options...Oh and I already have an MX5 so dont say that!

Or, do I chuck a mate $$$$ or pay at a garage and have it all sorted.

Also. what are people paying for SR's with 6 months MOT? I know they are getting more sought after...

Yours Guttedly, Blanes.
Try a Suzuki wagonr+....the 91 hp one with the chain drive,,,,,really, really good, and I mean really good.

Back