• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My K11 Tempest

Now to start my blog with a bit of history about the car....

2 owners from new
47000......... aparently,
Naff all else really.......

Well, last sunday, at 10 in the morning it looked like this
BlackMicra009.jpg

The front end looks ok but I knew it had received a thump in the front at some point in its life as the bumper was cracked and the leading edge of the bonnet was flattened a little. I figured the damage wasnt too bad as no panels had moved (bonnet, wings) and it hadnt actualy had anything replaced, apart from possibly a headlight.

a couple of hours later, this happened.
BlackMicra022.jpg

The wings have also come off to replace the door, and clean and wax/underseal the inner wings. More on that later.
The bar that runs from the front slam panel, down to the front cross member is bent, soon to be straightened, and the bar that runs along behind the bumper is missing :suspect: , and the brackets that hold that on are bent, so a trip to the breakers yard will fix that.
BlackMicra023.jpg

As well as the bracket for the bar being bent the front panel has afew bends in it, making the headlights point in odd directions, but nothing that various bending and whacking tools wont fix. thankfully theres nothing structural, is just a case of hoping that I get all the different points in the right place.

Now for the worse bit
BlackMicra010.jpg

This is going to take a new door as its bent the frame bad enough that the top of the door, and the door seal, doesnt sit far enough in. Anyone got any black doors??

Now for your opinions please. Do the folloing pictures back up the mileage
BlackMicra017.jpg

BlackMicra013.jpg

Slightly worn gearnob, and fairly heavily worn pedal rubbers

All mojo boosting comments gratefully received :grinning:

Cheers peeps, ill just put my concerns down to the car not being very well looked after, it drives ok so I guess thats all that counts, and the gearchange is very positive and smooth.
Does anyone know what the colour is called? its a very subtle mettalic black, the only thing i can find in halfords is Kuro black, which is correct for the year, but it doesnt appear o be mettalic, and I dont want to try as ill take it back if its not right.

Look on the VIN plate at the back of the engine bay and it should tel you the colour code of the car and you can get the paint mixed up

Back