What type of power steering fluid to I need put on my K11?

Hi, I'm having trouble to find what type of power steering fluid I need for my manual 2000 micra s (k11). It's because it's my first time changing power steering fluid, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ok, so do I have to use dexron type automatic transmission fluid or can I use other brands that have automatic transmission fluid?
it's confusing to put automatic transmission fluid into a power steering system to begin with, but it's the ATF that's badly named

it's just hydraulic lubrication, special mineral oil or silicone synthetic fluid. I'm pretty sure the same stuff at a different thickness goes into the hydraulic systems of those CAT digger heavy machinery stuff also. Be sure you get the thickness right and any brand should work but don't take my word for it.

DEXRON is general motors brand according to wikipedia, which I didn't know I thought it was a type of fluid. Strangely they always recommend this in Haynes. Not to be confused with DOT5 which is brakefluid.

it's confusing to put automatic transmission fluid into a power steering system to begin with, but it's the ATF that's badly named

it's just hydraulic lubrication, special mineral oil or silicone synthetic fluid. I'm pretty sure the same stuff at a different thickness goes into the hydraulic systems of those CAT digger heavy machinery stuff also. Be sure you get the thickness right and any brand should work but don't take my word for it.

DEXRON is general motors brand according to wikipedia, which I didn't know I thought it was a type of fluid. Strangely they always recommend this in Haynes. Not to be confused with DOT5 which is brakefluid.

It doesn't suggest a specific thickness on the manual, any suggestions?

A Jesus just buy any power steering fluid I’m crazy into the j11 myself but let’s not be so extreme unless ur building a highly tuned car that requires specific steering fluid then ok. But it’s a micra ur talking about ,basic power steering fluid from any auto shop will be fine

A Jesus just buy any power steering fluid I’m crazy into the j11 myself but let’s not be so extreme unless ur building a highly tuned car that requires specific steering fluid then ok. But it’s a micra ur talking about ,basic power steering fluid from any auto shop will be fine

Ok thanks, I was just confused as it's my first car and it's my first time getting power steering fluid.

Thanks for all the help!

Ok thanks, I was just confused as it's my first car and it's my first time getting power steering fluid.

Thanks for all the help!
I wasn’t saying it in a negative way
I fully understand as I was once in ur position to.
But just people dragging it out in the comments when it could be simply answers by
“ just a standard basic auto shop power steering fluid would do,or if you go into some petrol/service stations the will have power steering fluid bottles on the shelf they are perfect for any old car like a k11

I wasn’t saying it in a negative way
I fully understand as I was once in ur position to.
But just people dragging it out in the comments when it could be simply answers by
“ just a standard basic auto shop power steering fluid would do,or if you go into some petrol/service stations the will have power steering fluid bottles on the shelf they are perfect for any old car like a k11

No negativity taken, appreciate the help.

Thanks

Back