CVT type of fluid?

Hi, I am try to do it myself change the gearbox oil and power steering fluids to save me money then go to the garage. I have reading on other forum about CVT oil type, my garage suggest can add CVT fluid in a power steering system. Do you suggest is this right? Eurocarparts said the ATF-Q AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID is only for the power steering but not the CVT because it require a special oil, do you recommend this for my Micra 2002 CVT below link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eurolub-...859210?hash=item212c29d2ca:g:uMUAAOSwzhRZj-WB

The oil filter on CVT gearbox is same as the engine oil filter?

Thanks

I think it's Dextron III as an alternative to the Nissan blood for the CVT, first time I changed the CVT myself I used some EuroCarParts generic Dextron III and it was £35 for the 5 liters but lasted about a year before the gearbox started playing up again, so the next time I used the proper Nissan stuff and so far so good.

I havn't ever topped up the power steering fluid but I did buy some generic universal stuff from Halfords the other week to do it, I supposed I should do that soon. On my dad's old Audi the two systems did use the same fluid but I can't say for sure the Nissan's do.

In one of my other posts you'll find the procedure I used for flushing the full fluid out of my K11, there is a few liters in the gearbox and another 1-1.5L in the radiator and really, it's best to change both otherwise if you just drain the CVT sump and refill it you're only changing 60-70% of it.

Edit: here's the post, save you searching:
https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/2002-k11-full-cvt-change-flush-procedure.69185/#post-761917

Finished the gearbox oil, transmission filter, engine oil, oil filter and fuel filter very easy and very pleased I did it myself. Now one more I am not sure what this is?

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 334
No worries did you clamp the fuel line like in the old days or just de-pressurise the system like the Haynes manual says to do it?

Yes I did because I thought it mind continue leaking and waste petrol, First I used brake line clamp and clip on line before fuel filter from the tank and running the engine till it runs out of petrol about less than a minute so after the filter is nice empty no mess spill of petrol. I do not have Haynes book but ought I should buy it very handy book.

Back