Power Steering without fluid container.

macwillis

Ex. Club Member
i was Told my K11 has power steering when i got it. its easier to turn the wheel at low speeds than my old Rover 100 i had but i dont have a power steering fluid resv. or atleast its not to the left of the engine, like it should be according to the haynes

its a S reg facelift model.

do i have PS or not?

cheers
enginem.jpg

okay cheers,

its not the fact that i dont need it its just another thing the garage bloke has lied to me about the car.

take it back,
if it was sold to you, when you had been told it had power steering, they are at fault and have sold it to you under a false assumption, you could at least get some money off it or something....

well im happy with the car apart from the oil leak its got that i didnt know about.

first i was told it had full 12 months MOT and it didnt, i only had a few months the guy did the MOT a few days after i got the car but i think he just passed the MOT becuase he said the car had one.

take it back asap mate,

they guys had you over on more than one thing. get rid of it as you dont know what else might be wrong.

unlucky

well it seemed like a good car when i got it. but now i feel ripped off and scammed.

might have a word with a legal advisor about it.

take him to court

Hello,

The newer K11 models were fitted with Electric Power Steering (EPS). Therefore you would NOT find a power steering fluid container!! The power steering assistance is via an electric motor!!

Like many other people I am having major problems with my power steering. After driving for 30 minutes the steering goes Very tight and sqeeks! I have sent it to the agent 3 times and they tell me that the steering rack is OK. This they say is an inherent problem with the K11s. I'm sure that Nissan would have come out with a fix by now. Does anyone know about any fixes?

Thanks

Back