What to do

rossmc

Ex. Club Member
Am pondering making some subtle mods to car. Looking to maybe spend a few hundred, and stuff I could do myself would be even better. Also prefer mods which I won't have to change on insurance or not add much at all in terms of ££ to insurance policy. Have had difficulity trying to find mods, modded 2000-2002 models? Let me know what ideas you have?!

I'm thinking colour code grey bits, bumper, door handles,etc - not sure how to do myself and imagine quite expensive at bodyshop?
Alloys poss? Car needs 2 new tyres anyway, not sure where I can get myself a cheap set?
Window tint? Anyone seen a precut kit for the micra about?

Only mods so far, 6x9s + stealth shelf + Kenwood HU.

Cleaned + polished car tonight..

Pics of car:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Thanks

very clean car! (wish mine still was :'()

mines also a 2000-2002 and ive still managed to mod it on the cheap ;)

i took the bump strips off becuase imo they look stupid, but half the paint on one door came off with them :(

colour coding is quite easy, but take things like door handles, bumper insters and mirrors off the car, do not spray on the car! (if you do use plenty of masking tape and news paper)

the yellow indicator lens can be removed from the headlights aswell, and makes it look a lot better!

performance: i havnt done much performance mods and its tricky on the later models, if you have a 1.4 model your a lucky git, and tbh i dont know where you should go from there.

if you have a 1.0, 1.3 cams give it a noticeable amount of increased performance.

oh and look for alloys going on ebay and the buy and sell section!

edit: oh also clear side repeaters!

rlees85 said:
colour coding is quite easy, but take things like door handles, bumper insters and mirrors off the car, do not spray on the car! (if you do use plenty of masking tape and news paper)

You will end up with spray stripes like me they hould polish out iv been told like

i just got a new front bumper on ebay 4 £41 dont come round alot but keep ur eyes open.

back box and k&n, go 4 the pannal filter if u want proformance but the cone sounds much beta.

front an rear spiter.

keeps us updated on mods!

dan

tint the windows black,

black alloys

Black sunstrip

blacked out headlights and tail lights

blacked out grill

bumpstrips removed

lowered

that should be about a grand i think, but you would have one really nice k11 :)

since i mite be gettin that exact car lol what im doin is rims, lowerd 35mm, tints all round and exahust probs a filter 2!!

there nice lookin cars dem black 1s

NeX said:
tint the windows black,

black alloys

Black sunstrip

blacked out headlights and tail lights

blacked out grill

bumpstrips removed

lowered

that should be about a grand i think, but you would have one really nice k11 :)

:love:

if colour coding get the paint from nissan...me and others know that mixed paint from other sources never quite ends up looking the same.

Back