What to get?

L

Littleleigh

Anyone have any preferences or recommedations on any of these head units, planning on spending no more than £60.
http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop/CD-TUNERS_categoryJJ/CD-TUNERS/
I know its a small price but thats all i got. Oh and i will be getting alpine 6x9 and 13or17cm's. For my K10. Wot do you think?

If anyone has bought an ISO adapter for the k10, where would be the best place, i looked on ebay but not sure if they are good or correct, let us know what to choose. thanks ppl.fwn

I got a cheapy Kenwood KDC- something or other a couple of xmas's ago. I know my bird only spent about 50-60 on it and I still have it now. It's hooked up to a sub and amp all good.

Don't know about adaptors, I used wire cutters and joined wires up.....but that was due to the old head unit being set up this way by previous owner.

I love Kenwood, So i'd go for a Kenwood, but at that price range you probably won't notice much difference in sound quality, just go for one which you like the look of.

cheers buddy, yea either the jvc or that kenwood. Cant be too bad for 50quid.

at the end of the day you get what you pay for when it comes to audio really, I just bought mine bit by bit and it sounds alright! Got my sub 2nd hand off a mate for £80 and in my opinion one of the best sounding iv heard! Dont get it all in a oner and not be happy, save up and buy it bit by bit and build your sound system to what you want, if you cant afford it this week, save till next if you know what i mean...

JTunerTim said:
edit: sorry didnt understand your post. 12W rms? it says 45W RMS and 280W max? o_O

Many manufactors have should we say very optimistic ratings on there equipment. When you see a set of budget speakers that states 45w rms, it will be more like what Pete has said about 12.

Same goes for a lot of equipment, amps sometimes tend have more reliable figures, although in some cases can be the same. The peak figure you should basically ignore, yes it may reach this, but probably we a heavy amount of distortion.

With budget brands more so you can basically see an RMS figure and knock quite a bit off it.

A simple budget amp will also make a big difference to any setup you have, this will give you the ability to amp your front and rear speakers, if it's a 4 channel of course.

Hope that helps a little, if you want any recommendations for brands, equipment etc, your in the right place. I would suggest saving a little longer as you'll only want to upgrade as soon as you've fitted them lol, get something you'll be happy with for longer.

Kev

I actually made a mistake, sorry.

I thought you were referring to a headunit originally, which usually have power ratings of 40-60w. These are max power, and normally more like 10-15wrms.

I now realise it was Alpine 6x9's, so was completely wrong at the time (and also rather tired!).

My bad, naughty Pete.

Back