what to do first

k11_998

Ex. Club Member
i just qualified and as such got a subsatantial raise (first time in 3 years i wont be paid less than the minimum wage), so i will be able to do more stuff to the car, but i cant decide what to do first, i wanna use the car on the track and i have to use the car as a daily driver as my missus doesnt drive yet, i've got a few repair jobs to be doing as i go on, but i have come up with a short list of three

1. janspeed manifold about 150 i think

2. lowered springs and adjustable panhard about 120 i think

3. alloys wheels about 250

any ideas

Im guessing with the manifold, you would also need to fork out on a better exhaust?

dont think so, should still work alright, tho i need a new exhaust anyway cos the hole in the super s bumper looks silly with a standard pee shooter

with all that added to your car i was wondering how much does it cost on top of wat ure paying for your insurance.

but i've got a mate with a nova sr, that has had full system and manifold, new cams, new carb, and i recon with the manifold i would be faster, cos i'm not that far of anyway,

little micra man said:
with all that added to your car i was wondering how much does it cost on top of wat ure paying for your insurance.

not sure i havent asked them yet, thats a good idea tho, might help me make my decision, cheers

oh anyone got any idea roughly what kinda power gains to be expected by a 1.3 with just an airfilter, if you put on a janspeed manifold

I take it you were a young apprentice and started off on mince wages?
Wat company did you do ur apprenticeship with?

Daz:alien: (a fellow service technician for Arnold Clark Renault)

actually no, i went to college first to learn to draw cars, spent 2 years (both as a first year after failing once) then realised books werent for me, joined a toyota garage in bexhill, and spent three years cleaning the floor, i started when i was 18 and was paid 35o a week, then it went up to 450 after one year, then 460 after 2, then when my mentor went to work in the office they suddenly decided that i was good enough to work by my self and gave me a raise to 650, and thats what i was on till 2 weeks ago, my garage is really tight tho anyway, nobodys paid what there worth

ps you able to get hold of any renault 5 gordini turbo parts, got a mate restoring one

well ur earning more than me and im a Apprentice Electritian then if ur on £650 a week lol

In Fact ur on more money that what a Electritian is on a week!!!

I think he means a month lol And apprentices over the age of 18 and in their second year in their apprenticeship are legally intitled to the NMW!

sorry i did mean a month, and unfortunately, you dont have to pay an apprentice minimum wage, there is an industry guideline i depending on what year of what apprenticeship your on, which for a mechanic is very low, some of the people on my apprenticeship were paid quite well but i wasnt, i think they assume that if your an apprentice your young and live at home

On a guide i got it said that the minimum wage is not applicable to apprentices in their first year and under the age of 18. so apprentices in their second year and over 18 shud get the minimum wage. If i dont get it next year ill be going right to the top about it, because in my training guidelines it says so lol

well when i was on mine i asked my tutor what i should be being paid, and he showed me this piece of paper which had the guidelines on, and at 19, in my second year it said something like £3.50 an hour, maybe its changed now, but it was only a year ago. either way, i havent been paid the minimum wage for three years, wouldnt suprise me if they were doing it illegally tho

Ill find the thing and scan it in for ya mate. maybe it has all changed i dont know, dont pay much attention to be honest, i suppose i should!

Daz

Back