Which route?

• Get my SR20DE mapped

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Get my SR20DE + T mapped

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Glen

Club Member
Right i have a dilema my SR20 needs mapped to pass emissions but I have a full turbo kit minus a few parts waiting to be fitted do I:

1) take my car to the mapper get him to map it get it through a mot then turbo it and remap.

OR

2) Fit the turbo kit (engine out to do oil return and fit pistons) and take it to get mapped.

Im wanting to take the car to JAE so what do people think?

JAE is a couple of months away yet. Could try and get it built and mapped? But you might cut it fine timewise maybe.
Or get it running reliably on n/a until jae has passed? Depends what risk you wanna take :)

Is a turbo setup gonna be 'MOTable'? ie the big issue of emissions? If it is possible then surely it's worth getting it set up, mapped and MOT'd as a turbo if your plan is to run it like that long term. Mapping don't come cheap so why pay twice?

Is a turbo setup gonna be 'MOTable'? ie the big issue of emissions? If it is possible then surely it's worth getting it set up, mapped and MOT'd as a turbo if your plan is to run it like that long term. Mapping don't come cheap so why pay twice?
Just under time pressure for jae

id say concentrate on getting an MOT so you get the ticket, then do what you want with turbo as long as you have an MOT to drive it then your in the clear untill next year!!

J

Back