What makes a micra a micra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Thought about this loads but what makes a micra a micra?

What I mean is if you put a different engine in either nissan or other, is it still a micra?

One reason I ask is if a K11 1.3 races a K11 with a ga16, the 1.6 wins and says its the fastest K11 but is it really a K11?

I've always seen for me to say micra's are cool then I'd have to stick with the engine I'm given and mod that as much as possible to show it's capabilities.

I guess its the badge, however mine is debadged with different bumpers arches, and now different front and rear lights. Does this make it not a micra?? Hmm, its a tough one!!! I guess always though under the shell it will be.

Yes dan, it makes it into a nova :laugh:

Wot makes a micra a micra is the badge and its chuckaboutability. No matter wot engine is in, it will still be a micra....

its the cuteness of it, whether k10, k11, or ermm k12 that makes it a micra.

and being able to chuck it round corners, treat it harsh, drive through potholes that shake its poor little soul to bits and still manages to grin at you (aka 98-00 facelit k11's as in avatar)

all depends on whos viewing it or ur wanting an opinion from as there always b 2 sides such as if u were talking to someone who dont know much bout cars he call it a micra cuz of the shell reguardless of what engine is in it (just making up probability lol)
while on the other hand u pick someone who say a "corsa" owner may say its not a micra its a primera (where u got engine from) cuz he dont like admitting its faster than the corsa (corsa just used cuz they annoying like at least 70% of the drivers, even my sis!(she has 1) lol)
but i dont think u get one single answer on it :)

just like when they say define "love" or something such a simple word but many abstract meanings who ever u ask its all going to b different for same thing

Kniksman, thats so true!
Only been driving my SuperS since sat and we are getting on so well, she lets me throw her about so much and even more now she has bigger shows and rolls lower!

also i think owning a micra says alot about the owner too, thats without question, his/her personality, mentality etc. are we perhaps one of the more easier going drivers out there??

ive also noticed that some of the younger gals who drive micras are quite good looking or is that just London gals i dont know.

SR_Micra_Boy said:
Yes dan, it makes it into a nova :laugh:

Wot makes a micra a micra is the badge and its chuckaboutability. No matter wot engine is in, it will still be a micra....

:eek:

How do you say my car is a nova Neil!!! What were you thinking!!! :| Looks nothing like a nova lol, and its still a micra underneath so its a million times better too. :p

If it was ever a micra, it will always be a micra, simple as that! :p
And yes, most young ladies who drive micras are quite good looking!

yer i still call mine a micra :),,maybe a ded one atm but still micra

an engine swap is just a mod at the end of the day,,its like swaping wheels,,,,,:O it will stil be a micra

btw ther are some 1.3 k11 that beat the 1.6,,only some :)

a micra with a micra engine is a micra, a micra with a different engine is still a micra, but not truely, deep down micra.

a micra with a big engine is good, really good, but a quick 1.3 micra is still the main objective......

my missus drives a micra (my old one) so most of the women drivers out there must be good looking ;)

also going on about the k11 with a 1.6 engine - it's still a k11, as thats the chassis model!

Lets face it, if you don't like telling anybody you drive a Micra, tell them you drive a March, thats what I am thinking of converting mine to - even down to the square plates and the novelty Jap tax stickers and plates, if I can find out where to get hold of the parts, but it is better than telling them you drive a Ford Ka-CK

i was thinking of going the same route. bought some k10 rear numberplate lights and sprayed them (i know the march and k10 ones are different but there as close as makes a difference)

Yeah i tried telling a few people (you know how it is) that you've got a micra with a few tweeks, planned conversions etc and they say "it doesnt matter, its still a micra!" - but again, this goes back to how little knowledge of the car and how narrow minded they are! dont like the name so slag them all off, even if they've never driven one!

When i got a parking ticket, they didnt write down the name or model of the car as it was debagged! just put the reg plate and its colour instead lol.

WilliRennen said:
Lets face it, if you don't like telling anybody you drive a Micra, tell them you drive a March, thats what I am thinking of converting mine to - even down to the square plates and the novelty Jap tax stickers and plates, if I can find out where to get hold of the parts, but it is better than telling them you drive a Ford Ka-CK

sorry but i love telling people wot i drive!!!

if they say something stupid they get it thrown bak at em

ive been thinking about this as well (not from a micra point of view but from a car in general point of view)

if you change the engine it IMO cant be call a true micra but the body, chassis etc is still micra design, so it would be a micra with a ga16 lump but it couldnt be called the fastest micra, but if someone tunes the 1.3 to a very quick car (for its size) then in my opnion that would be a fast micra and would get respect as they have kept it as origional as possible

what amkes my car a micra is the fact i love it! lol as i do all micras i work on. they grow on me probably because there different! Chavs hate them, and there Hardy!! the micra is the only car iv driven that ahsnt broken during my un sympathetic driving.

Reply to Rik:

Lets face it, I am not ashamed of driving a Micra, I am interested in changing it to look like a JDM model, because I have always been interested in doing so and buying a Micra since I picked up my first copy of Car Boy (Jap mag), before it became trendy for Americans to do that on their Integras/Civics/240SX

Lets face it, if it was regarded as a girls car, at least, if statistics are true, you won't get as many smashed up cars compared to many popular bloke cars, say e.g. 200SX

I get a lot of stick for driving one and my reply is for them is always - at least I don't have a smaller penis than them (if you understand the big car joke)

What I don't like is this whole "what makes a girls car" thing, because they are generally machines without gender. People who need big cars to make things better for themselves are generally insecure and need to get a life, not to mention they aren't going to last for long as car enthusiasts and I know one person locally who is already that.

The moral is... there is no such thing as a girls car... its the marketing that make it out to be...

SR_Micra_Boy said:
Definitely, it's the most unlikely car ever for getting the tail out on a roundabout without using the brakes, also probably the most undramatic in the process :laugh:

I think it's the understated looks, performance, economy and dogged determination to not break down apart from flooding on the first really cold day of each year :S

Thread locked.

please create a new thread in the correct section if you wish

ta
Kev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back