What is wire this for?

Rob..

Ex. Club Member
Was givin my car a pretty good clean today and noticed a wire underneath the steering column just hanging around, does anyone know if it has a purpose?

hopefully the pictures work... never put images up before lol

Attachments

• Strange Wire.jpg
    Strange Wire.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 156
  • Strange Wire (2).jpg
    Strange Wire (2).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Strange Wire (1).jpg
    Strange Wire (1).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 159
Aslong as everything works I wouldn't worry about it, I'd hazard a guess it may be an additional wire for an optional extra

Oof would be good if it were, i've been thinkin of a CB radio lately... No i dont have a life =D

the old man has a sneaking suspicion its for a nissan diagnostic system, but hes not sure as he detests nissan electronics and refuses to learn them

AFAIK nissan diagnostics is done through the plug in the fuse box next to the steering wheel, the rectangular plug, well this is where my Nissan Data Scan cable goes, and that does diagnostics too

ahh ok, i'll go tell him hes a pleb then. Does anyone have a haynes closeby that might clear it up?

im curious because i just think it should be doing something or why would it be there?

the car runs fine however so i dont think its important to the operation of the car itself

didnt really follow it, will do in the morning, its all locked up now. may be sparking some peoples curiosities here lol

Is it a connector? Looks more like a mini microphone to me!

Someone has bugged your car....! fwn

How about an ultrasonic sensor for an alarm, does the car have one fitted?

theres no alarm fitted just the imobiliser.

yeah i think all they would get is loud music and me swearing if it was a bug... thats all that happens in my car... honest =P

hmm, i cant say i've payed that much attention, its a '97 passion, not sure if that helps you. im unsure but i dont think i have tweeters

Yeah i do have tweeters (if they are those speaker type looking things in the pillar)

what ARE tweeters anyway? im not very good with cars tbh, you can probably see that from my immaculate hands in the pictures above ;]

and i just realised the thread title is worded wrong lol

tweeters are part of a component speaker system.

The woofer (big bit in your door) plays the mid range. The tweeters in your a-pillar play the higher frequencies.

Play some music, and put it to your ear, do you hear anything coming out?

ahh yeah i just had a quick google sesh thanks, im sure they'll work i dont have problems with sound when playing music exept the left door speaker doesnt work

not a problem as they're gettin changed soon anyway =D

Back