What is this plug for? (K11 Facelift)

Rooting around behind my glovebox to try and sort out a weak heater problem I found this connector plug behind the dash, anyone know what its for?

Image034.jpg

Image035.jpg

Cheers,

Hmm, interesting. Thats an idea, would it be something difficult to implement or would it be just fitting a dash from a later car with passenger-side aribag and simply plugging it into that plug?

Not something I'm considering, just wondering really.

If it is for what we think then Im sure it would be a case of unscrewing the tray from underneath, removing it and replacing with the corresponding airbag and plugging in. Maybe more but im not totally sure :grinning:

Hmmm, even more interesting. Well as I havent really got to the bottom of the heater problem yet, I'll keep on looking around there and see if the tray can be removed, if so, it would have been a whole lot easier to fit as an option.

I think that the shock sensor is on the AirBag ECU, near the normal ECU. The airbagged dash is different from the non-airbagged, you need to replace it whole. Just dont know if the AirBag ECU for just one Airbag can take the loom from the dash or its plug&play. Will check it later and tell you guys whats the story...

What are the heater symptoms then?

The heater blower is very weak, I remember it being stronger a long time ago. I read here that there is a panel behind the glovebox which needs to be removed and the filter de-clogged.

baguete said:
The airbagged dash is different from the non-airbagged, you need to replace it whole

I thought so, I cant seem to find anywhere in the recessed part of the dash which could come off, apart from the added on trim, the dash seems to be pretty much one whole mould.

Back