found a loose wire. :(

camoxodka

car half done :)
when i was looking around the engine bay yester i found a wire tucked away under the coolant i think basically at the bottom right conner :) and their is a red and a black wire i will take a picture today after i come back from school and put it on. please help if you know what it is. also how would you flush the windscreen because the water with the windscreen washer has became stail and it really smell :glare:

Be good to see a pic of the wire for a diagnosis of what it's for. I'll have a nose once you've put the pics up!

As for the screenwash, you can either pull the pump out of the bottom of the tank and let it drain that way or just hold the washers on until the tank runs dry and then re-fill it with nice fresh stuff.

Small tip, around this time of year, I drop a litre of cheap russian vodka in with the screenwash! Stops it freezing over in the cold months and the alcohol helps with clearing and cleaning the screen in the winter months. Either that, just get some neat screenwash and mix it in at 60% screenwash to 40% water for this time of year :)

i will put a picture on tonight

and what do you mean like fill it up with vodka and water. or just windscreen and vodka ?

I mean equal ratios of all 3, 1/3 vodka, 1/3 screenwash, 1/3 water. It's very good :) whilst everyone struggles with iced up washer bottles on cold snowy mornings, I can use them and then see where I'm going! Also stops it freezing when it contacts the screen :)

i used a dash of anti freeze! and i indeed had the problem for about a week last year and i got fed up, and removed the washer bottle and it was simply a block of ice so i put it in the bath with hot water lol

2011-11-03163604.jpg
2011-11-03162546.jpg

2011-11-03163611.jpg

right i have a picture i will put it on know

i found another problem :( in the standard air filter box :/

basically the wire going into a firewall which means it something inside that was powered by it but hell know what :(
also as you can see the airbox is filled with oil can anyone tell me why that problem has occured :)

i found the blue and red wire tooked under the coolant carefully. i find that they try and hide any problem

the oil in the airbox is caused by crankcase oil vapours thats flowed out the pcv breather pipe (prob due to excess blowby during full throttle), saturated the square pcv breather filter till it all pools inside the airbox. during services the pcv filter should normally be replaced if soaked up but this ones obviously been ignored

yes and it only passed it test in june i think. but is that okay then or not ? because if not then what should i do because when i get enough money i am getting a cone and a little filter for that pipe aswell :)

also i will pull the full wire through and then have a look were it lead too :)
and then report back tomorrow :)

Back