What is this turbo? Can it be adapted to a K11?

I have a brief idea what this module is, on the plate it has gt15 imprinted, garrett rates it good for about 200hp and its parts are based inside of the GT25 housing, internal wastegate, will rebuild it though!!

Looks in ok condition, i left the exhaust flange (I think, im not sure) at the scrap yard so will be returning for that,

Has anyone used this turbo on their micras before??

(i'm planning a 1.3 turbo build eventually moving on to forged internals.)

http://www.himni-racing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=60

No idea if it is a GT15 though, hoping one of you cn tell me! :D

120425212731.jpg

120425212744.jpg

120425212802.jpg

120425212834.jpg

Other then the mani being rusty, the turbo looks in good nick, no visible bent fins and the wastegate rod is in good shape, like you can see on the picture i'm missing a part, but hopefully will be able to get that fast!!

Cheers for the help guys
- Migs

Yep thats exactly how it looks frank! (With that missing flange ofc!!)

I hear its got a decent quick spool up, but a pretty fast drop off iirc? Any idea how well it'd run with a CG13 mr frank o_O?

its perfect for a daily migs, 2k spoolup and loads of grunt, but my power drops off @ about 5k (you could probably improve that with an intercooler eh)

Aye, there was an ok sized saab 93 cooler along with that flange too, hmmm, will need to get the mani sorted for this bad boy first!!

Did you find you ran into any bad problems with the GT15 frank?

Aye, there was an ok sized saab 93 cooler along with that flange too, hmmm, will need to get the mani sorted for this bad boy first!!

Did you find you ran into any bad problems with the GT15 frank?
not really no, the shaft wear was quite bad when i bought it, and after a month or so i had to refit the hitachi/vauxhall tubby. (page 2 of that thread)
but it never leaked oil of smoked etc

New pug/citroen deisels (hdi 16 engines) have a lovely 6" x 3" x 20" front mount intercooler, mounts next to the rad on them so should be able to something similar on the micra? Exit on each end unfortunately

Sounds good Nath, i was thinking front mount or upper facing mount cooler, had a mad idea earlier to do an upper mount cooler with an air scoop and a water tray/catch partly submerging the cooler to try and drag temperatures down (Well in the rain anyway lol,) no idea if this kind of mad thinking would work though lmao!!

Had a chat with citroen today actually bout that engine, if any of you have one, keep on top of the servicing, oilways sludge up and starve the turbo, turbo seizes and spindle nut disappears into the engine, can fit a new turbo but if oilways arent cleaned up properly it'll do it again... expensive job at £1500 for turbo and fitting alone!!

Side note, why not do like the evos and plumb in a washer jet to squirt water on the IC? Could do it on a timed relay or something so it gets so many seconds of water?

I've been thinking about the water squirt a long time, was told its useless on N/A but a turbo setup would yield some quality result, wonder how much water a system like that would go through?

Lol a very fine trickle of liquid nitrogen xD! (Jokes!)

As for the citroen, it can happen to most cars with that setup, any sludge at all can give an engine hell (and with turbo is just worse o_O), CG's are quite sludge resistant (according to my first car anyway) but the chain setup does require good oil maintenance to live a hefty life time.

Back