What is the lowest I can let my fuel gague go down to?

CMF_offie

» CMF Member
Hi there guys,

Whats the lowest I can push my fuel level to? I am about half way between a quarter and red at the moment, and just wondered how much further i would be able to go with that and how low I can actually let it fall to before grinding to a halt.

Also, I have never seen the fuel light light up before, nor do I know where it is on my dashboard... it's a 1993 micra... will it have a fuel light on it?

Offie

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
My fuel light only comes on when it's past the last notch on the gauge - it has to be past "Empty" before the light comes on. From there, it fades on and off depending if i'm going up or down an incline. After probably 40km or so of that, the light will start staying on full time and that's the lowest i've taken it so far.

Warning light on most I think is the bottom right of the gauge cluster. 1993 is pretty early and i'd have no idea if it's got one or not :p

---dens

CMF_s13n1

» CMF Member
Dont let it run out.

The fuel pumps in the micra are lubricated by the fuel, so if your really low and do some driving through windy roads and get the fuel swishing around, you may starve the pump.

Even just a small amount is enough to set the promblems going.

I found this out last thursday, pretty annoying.

Dont pay the 300 they want for a micra pump, get an n14 pulsar pump for half the price.

Back