What is the best way to drive a CVT nissan?

CMF_offie

» CMF Member
Hey there again,

I have started doing deliveries and I am starting/stopping the car all the time, cranking into reverse, going hard into drive, ignition goes on and off... I can't imagine any of this is doing the car much good and the last thing I want to do is to break it! A CVT system is rather expensive to fix.

In the manual it says "come to a complete stop and keep your foot on the brake whilst changing from drive to reverse and vica versa." But i usually reverse, come to a near stop and im rolling backwards a bit, then go into drive... is that ok?

Offie.

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
Every thing that I've read about it says that you should completely stop before you change between D and R. I don't, however, know what damage would be caused by disregarding this.

CMF_mickyh7

» CMF Member
I used to work there,moving cars from car parks to ships/transporters etc. We wrecked loads-(new gearboxes etc.) We were all told -STOP DEAD before you touch the Gear shifter-might be different these days. I was there from 1990 until 2003! They were well built then. They really are crap now thanks to Renault!

Back