can i fit it to my super s?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Yes it's possible. Just wire up power to a 12v source, ground to a good grounding point and hook up the signal wire to the negative lead on the coil (and the coil is integrated into the distributor). The negative lead is a blue wire and once that's hooked up you'll have it. Alternatively you could piggyback off the RPM wire on the ECU, though I haven't done that before but it would save you routing the wire through the engine bay.

That tacho is so damn hideous though :p Personally I'd go for something a little bit more subtle.

---dens

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
I agree with dens, why not get a stock dash with tacho, it took me some time to find one but I eventually did.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
if its super s it should have one.... well not the light... but who needs a shift light... if your not retarted youl know when to shift, or when your hitting the redline...

CMF_wasthadon

» CMF Member
true i do already have it just thought it would look cool. might not get it now anyway. i do have another qustion though guys, my rear brakes are not working at all and ive been told by a mechanic that the cylinders are gone and they are leaking, so what parts will i need exaclty for the rear brakes because i dont want to get ripped off by mechanics. cheers.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
All you need are the cylinders themselves and brake fluid. Strictly speaking you don't have to replace the shoes but if they're getting low-ish then you might as well do them at the same time. The rubber boot part of the cylinders is the bit it leaked from on mine, but when you get the unit it should be a pre-assembled thing so all you need to do is take the old one off via the two bolts it's held in with, then put the new one in and that should be it.

Replacing the cylinders is an easy task, but replacing the shoes I found was a bit of a pain but is worth doing yourself once. All the information you need to replace them can be found in the Haynes manual, and over in the UK it should be easy as to find.

---dens

Back