what is the biggest bike carb on a k10?

little-ls

Ex. Club Member
I've looked at a few posts, and seems the biggest used is a Honda CBR 600 carb? (i'd go down the webber route, but thier a bit expensive!)

- Has anyone tried a CBR 900 carb or are people avoiding them for some reason?

- Has anyone here had the conversion by Bogg Brothers, and How Much Did It Cost?

- Also What sort Of BHP gains are you looking at with the 600 Carb, and if anyone's done it, the 900 Carb?

Thanks!
:)

i went for the 34ICH weber which has given some good gains, it is better when the standard k10 manifold is remade though as it is very restrictive, i think this is why people go for the bike carbs, i think daveee did have twin webers where ever they went? but they are very rare

Did you have to change your standard exhaust to 4-2-1 with a bigger carb added, or is the exhaust changed purely for more power?

my 421 manifold was changed before i did the weber conversion as my existing system was falling apart, but has also given gains. I would not have put just the weber on on its own

oh, so you need the full package then lol, what about the 900cc bike carbs, can you shed any light on that topic?

i cannot really comment on bike carbs as i have not had 1st hand experience with them, i think it would be advisable to get a better exhaust manifold if you are also planning on having a good one made for bike carbs as then there are less limiting factors.

600 carbs are perfect as bikes rev twice as high as cars so you need half the carb size. 900 carbs would be too big giving you loads of high end BHP but no torque.

A smaller diameter carb say off a 400 would give good low down torque and mid range but crap top end.

the 600 carbs run lean apparently, if i were to do them again i would opt for 750 or 900 carbs, there only £20 a set so i just try them just to see.

but the top and bottom is you are not going to get a set that works perfectly, there going to need to be re-jetted to work properly.

Back