Bike carb conversion

Has anyone fitted a bike carb conversion to their micra if so did you get good results? Was thinking of doing a conversion in the future

Dont know it it helps (if you can translate it):
2011-08-14_15-27-04_210.jpg

2011-08-14_15-26-52_19.jpg

im in the middle of doing it on a k10 with cg10 i would of opted for bike bodies but i have a fit when i see wiring looms :laugh:

Be interesting to see a before and after dyno chart. Going to get mine dynod next week after playing cam timing and new exhaust fitted. Currently 116bhp but hoping for more mid range with the cams. Any ideas what sort of increase bike carbs may give? Has cup cams, nice exhaust but pretty standard apart from that!

That will depend on the cam really and the setup, i.e. manifold type, runner length etc and if it's just a bolt on or something which has mappable ignition for example.

I don't know what 'cup cams' are but we gained 19bhp using a 264deg cam on standard compression and a nice mid range. Within the next few weeks we should see what the car makes with a compression hike. Although this will only be a guide as we use 48mm taper bore Jenvey throttlebodies and we run on a dyno dymanics rolling road, so figures should only be taken on a comparative basis and not as literal figures.

Would prob just go for a bolt on simple jobbie from bogg bros etc. Just throwing a few ideas about. Spent a fortune on my last car and the spending just got out of hand. I believe my cams have a 254 duration or so I have been told. If I fit the carbs I cannot compete in road rallies so still deciding if this is the right direction. Thanks for your replies guy. 19 bhp is a nice increase.
Mines 95@ wheels now so not too shabby but more is always better haha

I've seen a few bike carb conversions on here as well (although the names of the members escapes me - one of them put a video up on YouTube), and a guy I went to school with did a conversion on his SR with a set of CBR900 carbs (he's not a member on here though, even though I told him he should join :glare:). He saw an increase of 30bhp, so I think the figure tends to be between 15bhp-30bhp. You could probably get that a bit higher with a bit of tweaking

Very similar looking to the bike carb splits I used to have. Couldn't get the fueling correct on those either. I think if was going to get carbs I'd get four as last time wasted about a grand experienting with the splits with £600 buying them from bogg bros and 3-4dyno sessions with extra dyno jet kits etc. Think I would be able to use those though as 2 chokes.
Thanks for the replies peeps.
Checked out the one on YouTube. Sounds quite mean. Would like to hear it when 'going for it' or on stage etc. Anyone know of any clips?

I have got my hands on some carbs, I decided to go for the smaller 36mm rather than 38 or 40mm because the micra is only a 1.3 and the smaller should combat any loss of low down torque.

IMAG0421-1.jpg

A quick look and the spacing is not to far off and can easily be corrected in the runners

IMAG0423.jpg

pretty good match eh (Y) gonna get some alloy tubes welded onto the mani ?

Attachments

• SDC12021.JPG
    SDC12021.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 869
Been a long time but I made a start on the manifold etc. (my engine is going in my mini, its currently in a scrap shell that's used as a dummy for vtec conversions)

Lengths of pipe cut to length and brazed (thought I'd give it go) onto manifold

IMAG0507.jpg

IMAG0506.jpg

I also made a bracket to take the weight of the carbs ( Most people don't)

IMAG0502.jpg

Then cut some silicon hose and jobs a good one

IMAG0511-1.jpg

IMAG0510.jpg

Hi l_Jonez carb conversion is coming along a treat! With your megajolt setup do you have a Micra 1.3 Map or are you going to use something like an A Series? Also are you going for the TPS or the MAP ecu?

Will be going map as I already have Megajolt on my mini.

I'll be using a basic map and then mapping it myself, i'll post it up when its running ok

That will depend on the cam really and the setup, i.e. manifold type, runner length etc and if it's just a bolt on or something which has mappable ignition for example.

I don't know what 'cup cams' are but we gained 19bhp using a 264deg cam on standard compression and a nice mid range. Within the next few weeks we should see what the car makes with a compression hike. Although this will only be a guide as we use 48mm taper bore Jenvey throttlebodies and we run on a dyno dymanics rolling road, so figures should only be taken on a comparative basis and not as literal figures.

I should update that those 'few weeks' have now turned into a comfortable few months. Originally we were going to simply strip down the engine and install some CG10DE pistons and see what the increase was. The build has now taken on a much more serious note. Will still post up figures when available ;)

Back