What I did to the front of my micra and Parts required.

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
If you ever wondered what the front of your micra would look like if you shoved a tow bar and ball into it. It would look pretty similar to this.

I'm looking for a bumper, radiatior and an A/C radiatior. Hopefully that will get me back on the road. Maybe looking for an CVT transmission as well if anyone has a working one.

P.S. I'm in Perth.

Attachments

• 70399.jpg
    70399.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 31

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
RBLUV WROTE:

"yeouch that sucks mate, havent you taken it apart yet did the rails survive?

I have not taken it apart yet. The bonnet still opens and functions fine. If the rails are the metal sections that run across the car above and below the radiator, they look unscathed from the insident.

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
I think he meant the chassis rails themselves. the rectangular sections (50x70mm) that run the length of the car. If they are bent then the car could be a write off

but the damage doesn't seem like that would be the case

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
lol oh boy...wat happen if u dont mind me asking. Think u better check pickles/fowles for another micra cheaper that way. Get one with non damage front and just swap over.

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
also, require:

Set of four hoses that go to the radiator from auto trans (x2) and engine block (x2)

Kick down cable from auto trans.if there

Mine is a series 2 k11 cvt model.

Is there a difference between series 1 and 2 k11's radiators or a/c condensor on the cvt model.

Is the a/c condensor the same on all k11s?

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
I will now post the pictures of the parts I need in now particular order as I know that there are at lease some parts that may be able to come of manual or series 1 k11s.

First up: the radiator, it needs to have the two extra inlets/outlets for the CVT fluid circled in the picture.

Attachments

• 70522.jpg
    70522.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 29

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
Mimz WROTE:

"lol oh boy...wat happen if u dont mind me asking. Think u better check pickles/fowles for another micra cheaper that way. Get one with non damage front and just swap over.

Driving along thinking about stuff in the rain.

Big ute in front of me brakes suddenly and hits the car in front of him. I brake and skid (no abs) and the rest is history. There were about 3 cars in front of the ute that also got hit. I think someone didn't go at the green light or something. I couldn't really see past the big utes backside.

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
I have the whole front support if you want it its been cut from behind the headlights, might have the bumper support too ill have to check.

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
RBLUV WROTE:

"I have the whole front support if you want it its been cut from behind the headlights, might have the bumper support too ill have to check.

If you can check it would be good. I'm only really interested in the front left support as freight will probably be a killer for the whole thing, unless your in Perth. Its just held on by 3 nuts and bolts.

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
I'm only in the market for the condensor and bumper parts now...preferably in perth, but may pay postage if its a good offer.

Currently I can get a bumper and support for 165 in perth

Condensors seem to be going for 150 at the wreckers, which i think is a bit rich.

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
i've got a condensor from a '95 2 door you can have. i'm in wanneroo, Perth.
i did similar to the front of my micra, twice! th condensor got pulled out the first time as i thought it was toast but it was holding pressure quite well, the fluoro green that sprayed everywhere after the loud pop assured me of that!

its not exactly straight/flat anymore and i doubt it'd be wise to try to straighten it but it will work fine as is if they are the same, maybe some custom dogleg brackets to hold it securely?

last time i was at a pc was months ago so contact me on:
oh four one four two one two six three three - Mark... txt only please, the speakers on my phone are buggered from steel grinding dust in the wshop so can't hear people on the other end.

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
I'm back on the road, but still looking for a good A/C condensor. Thanks AB-NRML, but yours appears to be a different type. I would like one that I can fit straight in to my Series 2 1996 SLX auto. Does anyone know if the auto AC condensor is unique to the car or can say an Series 1 condensor fit in a series 2 auto? Must they both be auto's for it to fit?

Attachments

• 71166.jpg
    71166.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 30

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
I have received my replacement AC condensor for $180, brand new.

I now realise I'm also after a rubber thing for the condensor to sit on. I have one, but the other one went missing. Does anyone have a spare they could send me. See photo.

Attachments

• 71650.jpg
    71650.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 29

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
all finished wih ac working again now. Looks much the same except the black paint is getting chipped off the bumper so the green is showing through a bit. Does anyone know a good matt black paint that is not too expensive that would not come off?

Back