What do i need to know about Bucket Seats?

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
Right...i am looking at getting some bucket seats...
i have no idea about them :blush:

sooo anything i should consider? or anything i need to know?
and do i need to get a bracket to fit them?

thanks (Y)

guy, bear in mind that the seatbelt buckle is fixed to the seatframe :eek:, so that corner/mounting is critical !

cobra clubmans...the front 2 bolt holes line up and bolt stright onto the micra subframes ;) well they did for me anyway :) the rear bolts need a plate welded onto the frame though so they bolt up.

thanks a lot mate :)
have you got any pics of yours?
and if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay?

ive had 2 diffrent sets, cobra monaco S and a the current set of scooby wrx ones., ive never had to weld its all been hardend steel with bolts and passed MOTs fine. ill get sum pics up for ya.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

i used a plate from a calibra to mount the back in, i still have the dimensions and everything if thats any use to ya. the pic of the subframe is showing the rear of the seat closest, and theres just 3 holes needed and the back of the image has the 2 holes that the seat will slot into like squarepants said.

I got the cobras for 150 with tha mounting brakets and the harnesses which was quite good, look on ebay, theres always ones going on there, scooby ones were 80 from the scrappy. hope that helps.

get on ebay mate, infact, i can txt the guy I sold the red ones to if ya want, I made all the fitmets up for him so they will just drop in he didnt want them anymore, its a trek for ya tho! lol.
let me know, id try ebay and piston heads first tho, ur sure 2 get a bargin , people seelin allsorts these days!

get on ebay mate, infact, i can txt the guy I sold the red ones to if ya want, I made all the fitmets up for him so they will just drop in he didnt want them anymore, its a trek for ya tho! lol.
let me know, id try ebay and piston heads first tho, ur sure 2 get a bargin , people seelin allsorts these days!

PM'd :)

You'll be fine then ;) Mine are rather snug and I'm hardly a porker - if you could get to say a GPR showroom etc and give some a try then that could save you a few quid.

Back