Bucket seats

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
Hi all

its me firing questions again as i cannot find this info from elsewhere.

looking to buy a set of bucket seats for my k12, nothing too expensive! i have seen a pair of them going for 149.99 plus postage on fleebay, they can recline and allow access to the rear and a choice of 3 colours too.

just a couple of questions:

1)does brand really matter in buying bucket seats? like recaro etc?
2)need professional installation?
3)what else do i need if i were to buy those ones from fleebay? some said to me something regarding railings and they could be expensive apparantly, true or false?
4)anything else i need to know?

thx :blush:

1) brand doesnt really matter i brought some mambas bucket seats from ebay.
2) dont need professional installation can be done at home
3) sub frames will be need if they recline/move if not they just bolt in.
4) you will need about £80 spare for two subframe if they recline/move. plus if your seats have air bags in they want disconecting.

ok as far as i know there isnt any airbags under the seats. can anyone direct me to a product from fleebay and perhaps the matching subframe, so i could buy the whole thing and try fit it myself?!

cos i wouldnt have a clue trying to find a subframe for a particular seat i want. cheers

i'm not sure if there are any sub frames for the k12, i might be wrong though.

you could always adapt the standard ones or have custom ones made up.

Kirton said:
Rik's are custom.

Hi from chris - le BELGE

Subframes are made by OMP, but OMP has encountered some technical problems with the subframe for the K12 and selling has been stopped until the problem is fixed.
I can order K12 sub frame from BRIDE(Japan).No problem with these, but not really cheap as it is a one piece subframe. So the box is big and heavy.
If interested trop me a line and I'll check price and shipping cost.

A divertion to the bucket seat debate, Does anyone else get a loud bang from underneath their 160sr when going round a corner pretty fast? It's sounds as though the back box is banging on the chassis, and probably is.o_O

i was at a party a couple of nights back and my mate showed me his new bucket seats he had fitted in to his focus. Turns out they are the same seats too! looked pretty smart in the car

Wolodemer said:
A divertion to the bucket seat debate, Does anyone else get a loud bang from underneath their 160sr when going round a corner pretty fast? It's sounds as though the back box is banging on the chassis, and probably is.o_O
This is what the button's for :laugh:

I was one of the first on the AOC to fit bucket seats into an Almera.

TBH you're best getting a well known brand of seat if they don't come with subframes cos it makes buying/adapting a pair easier.

Mine were Recaros from an EVO V - I bought Recaro sliding subframe/rails from a Fiesta (eBay) and got my local accident repair centre to weld/alter the brackets to suit the Almera seat mounting holes (cost £300)

The K12 has airbags in the seat IIRC so you'll need to find out the resistance...
(don't measure this with a multimeter or they'll go bang !)
...and make up a plug, ideally using the existing seat connector with a resistor soldered across the pins

wow there seems to be more complication than i first thought. lets see if i could get some quotes...........cheers lads

oh and belgian chris, it would be great if you could give me a quote on the subframe from jap, thx for that as well!

oh you might as well give me a quote for a Nismo panel filter i have been asking but you never replied. cheers:wasntme:

my mate had these exact ones in his ax with universal subframes think it costs 25 extra... they went in easy are preaty hard, not cushiony but a comfy ride... they only took him 3/4 hours to fit with his dad and didnt need welding

uppy said:
my mate had these exact ones in his ax with universal subframes think it costs 25 extra... they went in easy are preaty hard, not cushiony but a comfy ride... they only took him 3/4 hours to fit with his dad and didnt need welding

pardon me, ax?o_O

Back