bucket seats

Yes they will fit. But you will have to get made or use the standard mounts off your original seats to fit them.

They look like the seats you can get from Makro for £100.

Personally I would look for some other 2nd hand seats that would be better for the same price or cheaper.

chrissy, what colour? and have you got any pics of the seats etc? sorry if i dont reply for a few days I can only access internet in uni and I dont know if ill be here tomorrow :)

yeah there pretty comfy too only ahad them in the car a few months then i got the seats i really liked for a decent price so i swapped them for yellow and black ones which i felt suited the car a bit better

aww id have those off you but i've got a red interior colour theme going, so I couldnt have that colour.

You got any pics of the seats Ben?

so if i did get those seats from teh bay' could i somehow take the old 'frames' or whatevers holding the current seats on and drill/screw them on to the seats and mount them that way?

Spike said:
so if i did get those seats from teh bay' could i somehow take the old 'frames' or whatevers holding the current seats on and drill/screw them on to the seats and mount them that way?

With that description....yes if u want 2 die!!

5ilver Micra said:
I like them chrissy they look nice n comfy....unlike some other seats look abit (skinny people only ish) fwn

yeah those seats do accomadate the errr........................umm the fuller figure!!!!lol but new ones are a bight tight on the passenger side but my fat ass has sorted the drivers one out nice and wide now and really comfy.

5ilver Micra said:
lol.....yeah there more Nut's n Bolts than screws :D

aye thats what I meant like, obviously not a few flimsy screws but nuts n bolts tightned up, or however the standard seats are fitted, i've not even looked yet...

chrissy said:
yeah those seats do accomadate the errr........................umm the fuller figure!!!!lol but new ones are a bight tight on the passenger side but my fat ass has sorted the drivers one out nice and wide now and really comfy.

Lol when i get around to it i want some like that but in black :wasntme:

when i went to have my seats fitted i hade custom subframes made up as the seats mount at different levels to the chassis looks easy to make up mind u but i aint got a clue how to weld so i wouldnt attempt it!!!

cant say me and welding are best of friends... i'll have a look at how the original seats are held on and see if I can go from there... I wish it was easy though :down:

I made my own mounts up when I had buckets, however, I don't have any pictures of how I got them fitted. Though I believe 59bhp has them atm, so he may be able to get some pictures up if he's still got them mounted the same way as I did?

same as this:

frontint11.jpg

you have two options when fitting bucket seats, buying the appropriate subframes in the micra case though its not worth it or adapting your current ones. If you take them to a garage they shouldnt really charge you more than £20 / seat to weld the new ones on

right, bringing back my old thread, I managed to get my hands on a brand new set of Cobra Monaco S's off a mate for a bargain-ness £150 delivered, however, they didnt come with any subframes, im going to try to adapt the fixings, probably take them down a garage tomorrow, so my question is (and its gonna sound pretty dumb) is there a specific type of garage to go to, what should I ask for and how much should I be expecting to pay.

comments appreciated (Y)

Any repair centre where they don't have some guy in a suit breathing down their necks all the time should be able to weld them up for you.

You want to be gearing them up, buying the steel off them (if you can't get it yourself) and doing as much of the measuring up as you can yourself.

My Almera custom subframes were £300 by the time they'd figured out how best to get them in.

yeah I ended up finding a garage who did them for £70 a pair, adpated the old fixings and welded some steel onto them, did a really good job to be honest, I think theres another thread with a few photos in it.

As promised, ill be posting pics of my car up after the portsmouth meet

Back