What are my spark plugs telling me?

Hey people.

I've managed to get the car running sweet with the MAF connected now! No more 15mpg, and it starts up easily in the mornings.

Removed the intake pipe that was obstructing header 4 of the cylinder, however the gizfab 4-2-1 on cylinder 4 still seems to getting bluer. Got a fault code of cylinder 4 misfire today. I have ordered a replacement injector which still hasnt arrived, delayed due to COVID, as I now think its a faulty injector on cylinder 4.

Checked my spark plugs today. They look very different to how they looked 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago they were all carbon fouled - pointing to overfueling, which makes sense as I was driving with the MAF disconnected.

Now they all look like this:

IMG-1704.JPG

What does this signify?

Try using the 'correct' platinum plugs, bloody expensive but don't deteriorate like normal ones...
408773970.jpg

I put a set in my K12 30K miles ago and have had absolutely no problems at all with them.....

Try using the 'correct' platinum plugs, bloody expensive but don't deteriorate like normal ones...
408773970.jpg

I put a set in my K12 30K miles ago and have had absolutely no problems at all with them.....

Bought some denso iridium ones a few days ago as recommend by a fellow n/a micra tuner but not put them in yet due to this issue! Thanks for the advice mate.

Please can someone answer this question:

My car ECU has been set up to work on the Almera MAF.
I am running it on the Micra MAF.
Could this be whats causing it to run lean?

THANKS!

PS - I understand it needs a live mapping session tbh as Maarten suggested. Will contact Tornado Systems and get it on their rolling road once COVID blow over.

Bought some denso iridium ones a few days ago as recommend by a fellow n/a micra tuner but not put them in yet due to this issue! Thanks for the advice mate.
It's such a ball aching job to have to strip everything off of the top of the engine on the K12, just to get access to the plugs that I like the 'fit and forget' nature of platinum plugs.... :ROFLMAO:

how big is the body around the maf ihtisham ?
if its too big there is less air flowing past the maf = leaner running

how big is the body around the maf ihtisham ?
if its too big there is less air flowing past the maf = leaner running

I am using the micra MAF in the original housing.

It completely refused to run when I just mounted the MAF in the 100mm airbox inlet. Maarten confirmed I needed to use the maf in its original housing.

Still waiting on Mark's reponse on the part number I need for the almera maf, as I was using the wrong almera maf, hence it wouldnt work when i had the almera maf in the original housing.

IMG-1700.JPG

IMG-1697.JPG

IMG-1694.JPG

Back