Weird Idling problem - feels as tho its an old bus!

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
Hi all

I have a problem with my 1994 Super S, while the car is stopped (idling) the car shakes a little and the revs are around and below 450rpm i think. I wana stop this because its annoying and i always switch off the engine if im waiting for a mate, then it takes some time to get started because of the imobiliser it has as standard.

Anyway i have searched the website for related issues and found out about the throttle body resolder but my car on ticks one box out of three in the symtoms department, What else could it be? before i go and try the resolder?

Thanks all in advance

smidge

» CMF Member
i'd do the soldering thing anyway, can't hurt! if you've got the skills to do it anyway

you can also check your idle control solenoid, got a haynes manual? no? get one!

other than that, check for vacuum leaks from the hoses going to and from in the intake manifold... then do all the normal stuff, check plugs, get mech to check compression check your dizzy, rotor, leads, fuel pump

the idle screw will fix your problem but best to know what made it idle slow in the first place

worn engine mounts will make a bad idle feel worse than it is

Back