idling problem similar to ......littlebear\'s

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
Just two days ago my micra started to stall as soon as I stop in a junction or in the lights, just when I hit the brake it stalls, once I release the brake it stays on idle but still not healthy.

It's very well taken care of.. I put this all on the clutch, as the clutch seems near it's end. I got to know this because whenever I put it in reverse & give the first gear suddenly to do some doughnuts it just revs so much & doesn't even try to burnout, I guess the clutch slips at that point as there'll be a lot of smell of like burnt oil.

So I associated this all with my clutch, as the engine stalls when I press the brake just like it does when I press the brake whilst geared. So I thought the clutch isn't clearing well and for the engine maybe it's still geared so it dies when I brake.

This isn't happening all the time unlike that of littlebear's thread.

sometimes it accepts the brake fine , & this just happened first time around 2 days ago.

When I told my mechanic about this he sent me at an engine tuning station, which I was due to go today as it might need engine tuning through the computer once again 'maybe' .

If anyone can give out any ideas about this all before I go spend 50GBP for the engine tuning & risking not solving my problem. Even though I'm curious about the engine tuning process if it may get some settings back in place as my micra is of 95' it's a 1.0 5dr.

any ideas everyone?

Back