WATER PUMP! KEEP A SPARE HANDY...

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
Took the Micra for a run for the first time since I rebuilt the gearbox. Drove from Wollongong to Sydney late Friday night. Got to Mona Vale Rd - (About 1hr-45mins at a resonable pace) and started to smell something like rubber burning.. Guages good, not hot, no oil light. Threw it in Neutral and coasted most of the way to my destination.
Get up sat morning and have a look in the light.. Water Pump had shat itself. Do the Ring around. Nissan- Nil stock Aus I got told. Japan, 2 weeks. Try Repco, Nil stock NSW. Now I borrow a car and go searching. Managed to pull one of a wreck at Blacktown. I got to get back to Wollongong so this is kind of urgent.
Point to my post... I think it might be wise to keep a spare water pump handy guys.. Ill be keeping one on the shelf now.

Attachments

• 28198.jpg
    28198.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 39

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
Absolutely spewing on Sat morning.... No one had one. I can see why now.
This car was purchased for $500 unregistered and had been sitting around for quite some time... The alloy is suffering slightly from Electrolisis so I guess it must have effected the seal contact surface..
Anyway.. Easy pump to do and the pocket rocket is back on the road. Head back to wollongong in 10mins. Ill time this run...
Good fun drive in the Micra.

smidge

» CMF Member
mona val to the gong is a pretty decent run! Which wrecker did you end up finding spares at in blacktown? or do you want to keep it hush hush ? :D

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
Jees.... Um...
Smidge, I went to that many places. This one was a Lebbo's place.. total mess, just the one engine. I asked how much for the rest of the engine and he wanted $700. I wouldn't really reccomend. I have 2 regular suppliers for my business but was too far from them at the time. PM me if you need a good wrecker contact. I do a lot of business with one mob and you can just say you work for me, to get a better price as well.

CMF_nsm

» CMF Member
Hi all

Just in case anyone is interested,i can get japanese brand water pumps for the micras for $72.00 including gst...many other parts available also...

Nick...

Back