Water leak in spare wheel well!

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Hello,
I recently noticed that my Micra is leaking water into the spare wheel well! (It was like a lake in there!) I don't know where it is coming from either. Does anybody know of a common leak in this area? The car has a Super S spoiler and the little rubber grommets that cover the bolt holes for that are old and fall out when the tailgate closes, so i have removed them from the vehicle. I tried to buy new ones from Nissan, but they informed me they are now obsolete. Would you think the water could be getting in through there? HELP!!! :)

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
being an old git who has had a few old cars ... it may be worth checking the rear window rubbers ( rear and side's ). in the past I have had the window rubbers leak water to the inside because the outer lip of rubber has sealed to the bodywork ( wax, dirt etc ) meaning that the water could not escape and has overflowed over the metal lip into the car .... just try cleaning out the joint between the rubber and the bodywork on the outside of the car , a small screwdriver shaft wrapped with a rag that is then run along the join will do the trick .

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Thanks guys!
The rear light cluster DEFINITELY makes sense as i recently removed one original cluster, and replaced it with a Bolero one just to see what it looked like. :) Really appreciate all the help i receive on this site, if i ever am in doubt a quick post on here and several people are pointing me in the right direction!!!

Thanks again.. :D

CMF_Vicky lyn

» CMF Member
BeeBoop WROTE:

"Thanks guys!<BR>The rear light cluster DEFINITELY makes sense as i recently removed one original cluster, and replaced it with a Bolero one just to see what it looked like. :) Really appreciate all the help i receive on this site, if i ever am in doubt a quick post on here and several people are pointing me in the right direction!!!<BR><BR>Thanks again.. :D

had applied silicon sealant on my tail lights....LOL

Back