Water in wheel well

After fitting a new rear tailgate lock to my Wife's 03 K12 i have found that the wheel well seems to be collecting water. I have taken off the rear lights and noticed the foam seal that sits under each light is soaking wet, but I don't seem to be able to locate where the water is coming in from any ideas. One more thing the rear jet wash does not seem to be working the front ones are okay is this a known fault. Any ideas/suggestions for these two faults would be greatly appreciated.

It could be the rear washer that's flooding your wheel well, have you checked for damage to the rubber hose?

That's somthing to check thanks. I will pop open the tail gate and operate the jet wash and see if water is coming from inside the tailgate.

I will check tomorrow and let everyone know.

If its not that then you could have a broken seal somewhere

Get someone to climb in the boot and hose the back of the car down to see if water is getting in somewhere

Anyone have any luck with this, as I currently have the same problem with mine. The rear wheel well, boot floor and all the way down the left hand side into the N/S/R foot well are getting soaked. Carpets are getting mouldy and the car steams up all the time :(

I did change the N/S/R light a year or so back so maybe the seal around that could be at fault - am yet to check it.

Back