water leak

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Few weeks ago I used bathroom sealant under my scuttle panel when I noticed the carpet was wet.

After the heavy rain today I noticed my passenger foot well is soaked especially in one place.

Is there a chance water is still leaking from scuttle panel or somewhere else?

Is it worth lifting the carpet and removing the glove box to see if behind is wet?

Trying to upload a pic but signal at work is awful

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

M1WFf.jpeg

I had same problem. It stopped in summer when windscreen was replaced and "glass company" -guy put a new rubber gasket to plastic cover underneath the windsreen. Water came down from somewhere behind the glovebox (LHD).

MarkTracey said:
Try the green windscreen clip mate, take it off and seal up the hole it clipped into, it worked for me :)

Not seen this clip, got a picture? Thanks :)

Sorry mate dont have any pics :( on mine there was a green clip at the passenger side just under the windscreen on the outside under the scuttle panel, i accidently broke it off and sealed up the hole with silicon. i can try and get a pic for you tomorrow if you still cant find it :)

Thanks for replies. I'll get scuttle panel off tomorrow and reseal everything.

I'll also have a go at tracing the leak back behind the dash.

My footwells were filling up because of my sunroof drain pipes. My actual sills were holding water and overflowing into the footwells, relocating the pipes was an immediate fix and it annoys me nissan designed them this way

"Winscreen man" put here rubber gasket, it sits tight between scuttle panel/windscreen, been dry ever since.

Well tackled what I could today.

Tried tracing the leak back, just above the footwell has drips
gzHh9.jpg

And up towards the dash there was a rusted bolt with a water drip from it!
I'm unsure what lies behind all this, I assume it's coming from where everyone says.
Gh4IJ.jpg

Dried what I could and sealed off the clip and 2 drainage things. Sadly the clip broke since my precision removing tool (hammer and a screwdriver) wasn't too good at it.
jnZYh.jpg

Hoping that's solved the problems, I guess it'll take a week for carpet to dry with foot heater on.

Yeah he dont but it does help to seal all water entrance possibilities.. under there is the air intake.. its not worth leaving it tbh. that is how your heater card and what not gets shagged!

Looking at Paul's guide he doesn't actually put any IN the clip holes, just around like I have.
See
129qw.jpg

i didn't just lazily squirt it round the outside. i carefully removed the plastic clips, clean with carb cleaner, apply bead of PU sealant on the mating surfaces around the hole then reinsert the clips. what you see is just the excess being squeezed out

Back