Wanted urgently: Load sensing valve rear brakes!!

CMF_LWC

» CMF Member
Thanks for the tip!
My valve is now leaking all over the back axle, etc., so I bit the bullet and ordered/paid for the new part today.
The ACT dealer wanted $850 retail, I winged and he offered it for $650 trade price and I am now getting it for $600 delivered from Hardmans Nissan in Armidale ($250 off retail price is better than nothing!)
http://www.hardmans.com.au see pix of the new micra there.
LWC

CMF_Ollie240585 MSC

» CMF Member
Well I was lucky, mine had only ceased rather than completly gone wrong.

Ouch....roughly £250 if my currency conversion is any good!

Over here I would have just gone to the scrapyard to find 1!

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
It's extremely hard to find micras in scrapyards in aus - there's heaps more in england there there are here, which makes it a lot easier to find spare parts in scrapyards.

Wish the UK was closer :(

---dens

CMF_MacGillaZ

» CMF Member
I presume this load sensing valve is for the drum equipped models? Has anyone compared it to say the valve fitted in GQ patrols? I know the loadings as such would be much different, but the base ST models had drum rears and the valves could be very similar (not that any nissan dealer would want you sourcing a cheaper option :p)

Might be worth investigating for future reference though ...

CMF_Ollie240585 MSC

» CMF Member
Well anyone wants anything give me a shout and I'll see what I can get hold of, I can go to 4 local scrap yards (within 20-30 KMs) and probably find more than 20 Micras! Mainly K11s with the odd K10 and K12

CMF_Ollie240585 MSC

» CMF Member
Faird,

The rear brake sensing valve is located underneath the car towards the passenger side.

It looks similar to a mini shock absorber with a spring round the outside, with some metal pipes going to and from it.

This is going back on my memory when I had to work on mine in september.

WHat your showing is the outer side of the drum (me thinks)

CMF_LWC

» CMF Member
Thanks Guys,
I have a new one on the way. I figure with brakes you can't be too careful.
The vavle is located behind the LH rear wheel arch to the front of the axle attached to the body.
Two pipes come from the master cylinder to this valve and two pipes exit to the individual wheel cylinders. A lever arm pivots in the valve and is attached to one of the link arms holding the axle.
It works by giving you more rear brakes when the back of the car goes down with passengers in it. The more it goes down the more brakes you get.
Thanks everyone, LWC

Back