W.A. Drivers

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Strange mob.Either half asleep or agressive as hell.
Start work at 6am and I reckon most of them are half asleep.
Coming home the opposite. Anyway having some fun. Takes me about 25 minutes to get to work and some places speed limit 90kph.so at least Whitey gets to stretch the legs a bit.
Some dude in a Toyota Hi Lux of all things tried to have a go at me but all over pretty quick.
Odd 4WD also but no contest.Plenty of roundabouts so having fun rounding whatever up on the outside lane.They have these roundabouts also in a lot of streets to stop big trucks using them as short cuts and I think to slow would be idiots like me from fanging too much. About 4 near me and as yet have not reached the limit as to how fast I can whip round them.( this only happens on my way to to work)
New Holden?? Heavier with no improvement in fuel econmy. Dead duck.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Haha yes I LOVE those traffic calmer islands. There's a few near my place along with some nasty roundabouts. I love leaving the morons in commodores and excels behind through these little curves as they slam on the anchors to avoid sliding into the gutters. Hehehe.

Yes Holden did a VERY stupid thing by making the VE commonwhore 180kg heavier than the old model. They have been dancing about with how revolutionary their new commodore is yet when someone asks them about the fuel consumption there's nothing but silence. I'm thinking that it is NOT going to be a strong point of this model. It won't matter too much though. The majority of the people who buy the commodore have tunnel vision when it comes to buying cars. All they consider is HOLDEN.
Apart from the obvious flaw with fuel consumption I don't mind the styling. Looking into the actual build and layout of it I'm impressed as well. They've put all the weight inbetween the axles (engine mounted behind the front wheels, fuel tank infront of the rear wheels). This it eh first commonwhore which might actually give the europeans something to worry about!! Go Holden! I love seeing an underdog give the big boys a shake up.

Man I'm good at taking things offtopic LOL

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Absolutely. Lots of morons on WA roads. LUCKILY, its only city drivers. if you go into a WA country town, you get people waving, nodding and giving way all over the place. Exellent stuff. Sad stuff for us city folk tho. Im trying my best to copy the ideology of country drivers in the city, but you still get people being jerks when youre being nice.
Merging is another thing WA drivers have a hard time grasping the concept of aswell.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Holden are the lock to GM's survial at this stage.

Carlos Ghosen of Renault/Nissan/Renault-Samsung (yes, renault own 80% of Samsung Motor Corp.) is the key. Hehe.

EDIT: Hilux drivers PISS ME OFF. They're either going too bloody slow or they're tailgating/being angry arseholes.

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Many years back when I drove from Perth to Broome (for 3 days) & back again to Perth, I loved the way every time you passed a car going in the opposite direction you got the 1 finger wave. (No not the rude version)

People would just lift their right hand index finger off the steering wheel and give you this one finger wave.

I still smile about it these days.

cisco

» CMF Member
Hehe funny stuff White Knight. Glad you're enjoying it and settling in - even back at work!!

Yes HOLDEN: The brand of car you buy when you don't do any actual thinking about which car you should buy. I.e. the default option, i.e. the "I don't know anything about cars" option. The "I'm a dumb bogan like every other bogan" option. Yes simply brilliant thinking on their part (but nothing new) to release a super heavy guzzler at a time like this. I'm sure the sales will drop, but don't worry you're average aussie will still go and buy one. You have to remember that half of all large common cars are all run through companies, so they are all claiming their Kms and petrol and leasing it, or its a company car etc. Our tax pays for the petrol in half of these cars, so those people doing that don't get affected too badly and hence don't care and don't need to stop buying crapola cars just yet.

<sarcasm>Good on ya ya real smart aussies.</sarcasm>

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
cisco WROTE:
I.e. the default option, i.e. the "I don't know anything about cars" option.
No no thats when people buy a Hyundai/Daewoo/Kia etc :p

The other alternative to that is Camry drivers. If you want the ultimate car to just sit back in and drive - its gotta be a camry.

PS: The sarcasm quotes didn't work. :p

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Cisco you drive a falcon that uses more fuel than the commodore does.
The new commodore is heavyer than the old one but uses the same amout of fuel as the old one and the old one aint to bad. Holden should have made the car lighter to use less fuel but the fact is the current cars plans where locked in before the current fuel price hikes and theres always a lot of new tech in cars that makes each model that bit more heavy and thats with small cars too. I have being driving both the BA and commodore at work over the last few months and I have to say I really hate the falcon now and I have always being a ford man and even though the commodore is a lot more basic than the falcon (looks and feels cheaper) It drives a lot nicer. Ill wait to see what the new commodore drives like before I say anything about it but it looks a lot nicer than the old model.
Fuel is still cheap in australia so its up to people on what they drive and they need to live with there choice and not complain about it all the time. Truth is the new large needs to be no bigger than say a camry.

Attachments

• 19333.jpg
    19333.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 25

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
LOl. Always stirs up comments when you start talking Holden/Ford fuel consumption,typical Aussie drivers. Still in 5 years time the big 6s V8s will be dead and buried as fuel will be well over $2.00/litre.
Lighweight comapct fuel efficent cars will dominate as will diesels and people raiding the local fish and chip shop to make their own bio diesel.You are seeing the last big Dunnydore. Next one will be smalller lighter and a lot more fuel efficent. My God where are the local car makers diesel options??A Commodore/Ford diesel when??
Both are too late and will be overun by imports. Sad for the local industry but thats what you get when the big two are American owned.

cisco

» CMF Member
Heh. Well I agree the new Commodore looks better.

I agree commodores feel cheap and low build quality.

I agree that my Ford Fairmont uses more fuel than the equivalent 3.8litre holden engine - but not much at all. But I mitigate this by the fact that the build quality is a lot higher and the inline 6 cyl engine is twice as smooth as the raspy Holden V6 made out of mechano.

I agree that the fuel is still cheap in Australia too. Man blue monster still hardly costs anything to run even when you're booting the crapper out of it like I was tonight for a couple of hours. Man third gear really lifts up and takes off, wish it had a set of bolt on wings so it could take off in third gear.

cisco

» CMF Member
The thing I love about owning the big smooth ford is this:

We hardly drive it through the week. It sits there, it was a basement bargain to purchase, like such a rock bottom price tag considering the high levels of equipment and build quality and velour/woodgrain everything. Its super cheap to repair and keep running. Its super cheap to insure. So because we don't actually drive it that much, its worth every cent of even putting $2/litre in because it still doesn't add up to much when you don't drive it much. If I was driving it everywhere all the time, then I could absolutely not have such a big car! :)

Ahh the cheap insurance, repairs, maintenance, cost. That's what you get when you blend in with half the country like an average stupid ford driving aussie :)

cisco

» CMF Member
Yes!!! Definately. That's if you turn off the traction control button.

Or point the car facing downwards down a big steep hill. Then stop. Put it in reverse and try to let the big ford pull itself backwards up the hill with the foot to the floor in reverse. Man no way.
Smoooookin'

Anyway, this is getting very off topic :)

Back