Fog Lights and Drivers Lights

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys,

To clarify im talking about front lights here.

Could someone please tell me the legality of the use of and position of Fog Lights and drivers lights in the UK... :wasntme:

Everyone knows the fog lights are only to be used in visibility < 100m.

But loads of people seem to drive around with 4 lights on at the front, the two headlights, and 2 other lights lower down... someone said these were "drivers lights".

http://carpictures.duble.com/Peugeot/406 Coupe/1.jpg

Fog Lights. Drivers Lights. So whats the difference? :upside:

As an aside, does anyone know if the front lights on the K10 super S are fog lights or drivers lights? :k10:

I ask this because I need to wire up the fog/drivers lights on my K10 Super S, and I would like to know which circuit to put them on.

Im a bit confused :grinning:

Driving lights (which are fitted to Pre facelift K11 Super S and SRs) are usually intended to be used with full beam ONLY, and they do not point down at the ground like fog lights would, they are designed to light up the lower part of the road, probably comes from rallying or something.

K10s (and K11 facelifts) however, have fog lights :)

Google search finds this:
What’s the difference between a fog lamp, a driving lamp, and a spot lamp?

Fog lamps are designed to distribute the light in a wide pattern with an emphasis on foreground lighting (the majority of the light is kept close to the vehicle). Driving lamps are designed to through the light down the road similar to a high beam function. Spot lamps are very narrow beams of light designed to light the furthest distance from the vehicle.

Foglights (low visability) driving lights must only be used with fullbeam as James stated.

Though, James I've got driving lights on my K10!!!

I have driving lamps on mine, but people seem to flash me etc like they're fog lamps or something!

Yep, mine are driving lights too, ive just checked. :grinning:

Only turn on with full beam, not when fog lights are on.

The reason they flash you is because you are blinding them with full beam arnold :p

Turtle said:
The reason they flash you is because you are blinding them with full beam arnold :p

Lol, well Ed wired them in to switch on when my sidelights are on!! I guess they do make the roads 50x more easier to see, combined with the headlight bulbs i have

Back