Bad drivers. How to avoid them?

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Hey all.

Ive nearly been swiped off the road 3 times in the last month by lazy 4x4 drivers and today 1 delivery driver. Im getting so sick of it, im starting to get rather abusive at the people that do it to me. Almost to the point where i want to scoot infront of them and slam on my brakes. Grrr!

So anyway, is there anyway to avoid people like this without buying a Unimog? If some moron damaged my Micra, i think id cry for a few days.

Im thinking of buying some 100w spotlights or even some 75-50w spotlights and drive with them on during the day. Also, for when it does happen, a dual air horn setup, like the one ive got now, but doubled. If someone cuts me off, id like to make them deaf. >:)

In wrapping up, any advise on avoiding these occasions? Its happening on the freeway too so if one day i do get bumped by a Landcruiser soccer-mum, ill probably go flying off into a rail.
Thanks!

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Bloody hard I know but ignore them.
You only put your blood pressure through the roof they will also get agro and well can all end up nasty.If they always drive like this they will end up in an accident just make sure it is not you.
If its really really bad like what happened to Cisco take their rego and report them.Hopefully the cops will do something. If you report it they have to respond.
Bet most of the 4wd driven by women with a gaggle of kids in the back.( nothing against women drivers in general)I am always extra careful around them as well as old farts who just putter along, never indicate, never look when pulling out from the curb, are maniacs when it comes to roundabouts and are murder in say supermarket parking lots. Hack now has another scrape near the rear wheel arch result of a car park bingle. Park car go shopping come back and hey presto!! A lot of em tourists down here who have their eyes everywhere but on the road.
Battered old 4wd ( meaning farmers) on a weekly trip to town aint the best sometimes. Young guns are fine as it sometimes leads to showing em that Micras have bite.
Stay cool.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
you cant.

simple thing is to drive more passively and learn to look ahead and see these idiots and get out of the way nice and early.

i can't remember the last time i was nearly swiped off or had someone cut me off where I wasnt at least expecting it.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
No way to stay away from them in carparks unless you park right down the back where there's no lights and you just know the car is going to be broken into. :(

Charlotte's picked up a very light keying and at least 2 dents since I've started uni.

:(

Hmm I dunno what i'm going to do. Considering a cheap POS runabout!! Wouldnt mind something like a manual Cortina with that loverly 250 crossflow 6-pot-donk... Ugly but gutsy.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Heheh. I hear Mini's are cheap these days Yom :D

Sounds like a good idea guys. When driving past a 4x4, i think ill either keep my distance or get a run up and fly past them then slow down...

If i had the money, id buy a full-page ad in the paper saying "Please look in your blind spots when changing lanes. Thank you -Concerned Motorist."
Maybe ill be a bumper sticker.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
yeah you don't go to shopping centres..park WAY over on an edge/pylon and yeah..you keep circling till you find one

but then end of the day tomorrow you might have some moron write you off so whats the diff

not drive it and leave it in the garage all day?

Back