Vinyl Printing

Ok, get me all the sizes and fonts you want doing etc. so you would be sticking the numberplate to what, bonnet? theres a guy at work who has done this on a landrover and it just looks like hes done it with a permanent marker :D

Yep, will be sticking it to the nosecone to replace the positively awful brick like numberplate plinth! That's the idea, except I don't want it done in permanent marker ;)

Like this one:
IMG_0940-1.jpg

Info can be found here: Number Plate stuff

I will PM you my numberplate :)

the stickers ya done everyone else look great could ya do me some?
could ya do me one saying 'my other car is a broom' (not for me tht 1 btw lol)

and also one saying 'Rust Is Lighter Than Carbon Fibre' saw someone else on here ask for that and quite liked the idea lol
would it be possible to do both stickers in some sort of fancy writing?

how much would ya want for them?

cheers, Ben

ive just bought 2 new sticky plates, front and back on reflective material for £33 delivered. think of the cash you can make haha

I have been getting my confidence up slowly with this cutter and have also done some quite big jobs (thanks Ed!) :) i bought some tshirt vinyl on an off chance and had a little play with it, not very interesting results but for a 1st attempt it has come out really well!

IMG_0405.jpg

I didnt think there was so much skill and hints and tips in vinyl cutting / pressing but there is, a real eye opener!

P.S. that isnt a scorch mark around the decal aparently it should come out with a wash as its the backing :)

Cool,

That reminds me, need to get some fusion ones and another Fletcher sticker from you...

Ed,

i have done another Fletcher one which will be sent off tomorrow hopefully. Just message me if you require some fusion ones etc

Also i have noticed 'stick me up' has disappeared from the trader area, i hope this wasn't my doing :S

Steve

Neil hasn't been on here for months, also he never responded to a request so his area has been removed.

Do you mean like this? is it for a K11? i will probably need the height and width of the original decal if you are replacing one or i could make a decent guess ;)

also a colour would need to be chosen, Pm me if you need

supers-1.jpg

Steve

finally decided on a location mate so managed to get mine on did you a quick pic to show the quality also stuck my little demontweeks man underneath :D

Attachments

• a500 001.JPG
    a500 001.JPG
    507.5 KB · Views: 322
Oooh is it time you can do my numberplate now ?:D I'd love one, purdy please? :D

I have done one on an MX-5 the other day and it turned out great, i can do it on a reflective white or non reflective backround and i have the correct font, spacing etc, just tell (give a picture) of exactly how you want it and it will be done ;)

i know what i want. 998cc in black and as close to the micra font as you can get please. pm me price etc cheers
That is the micra font:

988cc.jpg

Depends how big dimensionally you want it :)

perfect and ill go for 25mm high by whatever it turns out long the way. also i want 998cc. if thats what the micras are lol youve confused me now haha

:doh: i was thinking about the K10, yes your right it should be '998cc' this will be rectified, £2 inc p+p for that

Something i made for saturday night
IMG_0464.jpg

love it, umm any chance you could do a sticker saying: 'i would rather have aids than a saxo' in any bright colour and any font size or type i know im not being specific but i really dont mind! choice is yours..

Got my numberplate today, thanks dude! Was planning to fit it today, but haven't - it's flipping raining :( If it dries up in a bit, then I will get it one! Looks fab though! :D

love it, umm any chance you could do a sticker saying: 'i would rather have aids than a saxo' in any bright colour and any font size or type i know im not being specific but i really dont mind! choice is yours..

Yep no probs will pm you ;)

Got my numberplate today, thanks dude! Was planning to fit it today, but haven't - it's flipping raining :( If it dries up in a bit, then I will get it one! Looks fab though! :D

Ok great, put up a pic when its done ;)

Here you go man, finally got around to fitting it today!

34743_10150224083145191_559100190_13840009_1105134_n.jpg

The vinyl itself was brilliant, trouble is, I cocked it up lol

MMM check out that quality vinyl fitting lol
38168_10150224083295191_559100190_13840017_7867685_n.jpg

you can sometimes get some of the bubbles out with a small pin i found, looks great though, i though the vinyl would look grey! :D

Did you dry or wet fit it?

Due to the curves on your bumper I would have recommended wet fitting it to avoid the creases and bubbles.

Like when fitting sun strips onto front screens there is a curve in the glass. As with your bumper it curves round, thus making dry fitting vinyl graphics or stickers quite difficult.

Wet fitting is where the surface is thoroughly cleaned first, some diluted washing up liquid in a clean spray bottle can be used to spray the area where the numberplate is going to be fitted. Peal the backing off the vinyl and spray the sticky side with spray bottle.

You then place the vinyl on the car and work out the bubbles and water with a squeegee.

Doing this would have achieved a perfect finish on your numberplate.

Kev

OOOooooooh i want something made but................ I havent brought my car yet lol

I will def come back to you with some ideas when i know what im going to name my K11. My last one was 'Noddy' :laugh:

Jennyx

fitted mine, looks awesome! thanks a bunch! not gotta remove the sticky stuff and screw holes off the stolen numberplate area. :(

Attachments

• DSC02392.JPG
    DSC02392.JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 249
Back