Vinyl Printing

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

After a lot of umming and arring i have finally decided to invest in a vinyl plotter and have been practising and experimenting with it over the last few days and thought a few people may be interested in the outcome.

two.jpg

You can see what im planning to do eventually

one.jpg

My first mock up
Im not trying to become yet another one of those sticker companys you hear about but at least now i can do my vinyls and my friends who also want work doing in the near future :)

Steve

Great stuff! Are these things expensive then??

Im gonna have to think up a great slogan you can do me now (Y)

lol, ive still only got my practice vinyl which is a bit naff but getting some more soon and proper transfer paper which should make it look better, The machine cost about £200 which is expensive but i suppose its just a startup cost if running a company and would pay for itself very quickly. I notice that there is a decal company in the trade forum which i would not like to annoy but when i get my materials through i would be happy to try to make them as a hobby

lol, ive still only got my practice vinyl which is a bit naff but getting some more soon and proper transfer paper which should make it look better, The machine cost about £200 which is expensive but i suppose its just a startup cost if running a company and would pay for itself very quickly. I notice that there is a decal company in the trade forum which i would not like to annoy but when i get my materials through i would be happy to try to make them as a hobby

I bought one of these machines months ago, but due to my very busy work schedule I haven't done anything with it yet, just gathering dust in my spare room lol!

Don't worry about the trader, Neil hasn't posted here in months

straight work
are you relyable though?

I am currently doing this as a hobby, when i get some proper weather proof vinyl and transfer paper i would like to do 'odd jobs' for friends etc to get my confidence in the kit up.

A500, stokes/crewes answer to the c1 highway? love it

Haha that was a graphic somone told me to do, it is / was some peoples answer for a race circuit but as usual now covered in SPECS cameras!

£200 isnt a lot for a cutter, a decent cutter on it own will set you back anything up to £2k a half decent graphtec will set you back £800 or so

I have been doing graphics and vinyls for nearly 2 years now and it takes time to learn how to do it properly countour cuting and vector imaging takes lot of practice

Your right the trade dont like the hobby crowd much, but supplys are easy to find, theres loads of places, and your notice the differend between el cheapo vinyl and the proper cast from the likes of aslan and oracal

you can do a lot more than just plain vinyl, i do a lot of airbrush stencils from solvent proof acetate

forget ebay for supplies, MPD and william smith are both good, william smith also do di-noc

hi well you know the jdm shocker sign some pepole call it 2 in the pink one in the stink could you do one of them and rust is lighter than carbon fibre in fancy writting and vtr killer in differnt wriiting i would be willing to pay i would much rather pay some one on here learning han some goon of ebay to be honest

been looking for places that do good vinyl i will keep that in mind cheers. I dont think this one is too bad for a beginner as i was looking for one with less advanced features for me to get lost with, im impressed with the cutting quality though

Also just wondering what the 'close offset' means

cheers matey keep having to use the a500 to come up to blackpool training with work but i`m on the last week this week so will be a nice reminder for me lol :)

My mate's going on and on at me to get one that says "The Rice Racer". May just have to shut him up if you could help (Y)

My mate's going on and on at me to get one that says "The Rice Racer". May just have to shut him up if you could help (Y)

will do when i get my vinyl through, should be here tomorrow, i will pm frank ,mihtymicra, dragonmacter_uk and joshbl about the vinyls and the trial runs and see what they think

Steve

Got some red and white vinyl through today and some decent transfer paper
IMG_0385.jpg

looks a bit more professional, and the proper vinyl is a lot better to cut and comes out better when weeding too!

Tried something else today while i was bored:

IMG_0389.jpg

Its been through the dishwasher 3 times and its still looking good :D

I had the Nissan font saved from a previous job i was doing, if you can get the font and it come up in the font bar when installed it can in effect be cut

Yeah you can make me some stickers for my speedboat :p Ill come up with a cad drawing and you can tell me how much you want and send them over?

lol if I had more then 24 hours in day, I might get round to actually switching my vinyl printer on again :(

Steve I think I have the same model as yours, I want to ask you a question about the digital display, I'll PM you later.

I'm currently working my way through about a dozen last minute fathers day orders, why do people leave it so late grr

Kev

Yeah you can make me some stickers for my speedboat :p Ill come up with a cad drawing and you can tell me how much you want and send them over?

No problem Ed just send me a cad drawing of what you want and i will see what i can do.

id like ''im not drunk im just avoiding potholes'' please in white (Y)

PM Sent mate :)

lol if I had more then 24 hours in day, I might get round to actually switching my vinyl printer on again :(

Steve I think I have the same model as yours, I want to ask you a question about the digital display, I'll PM you later.

I'm currently working my way through about a dozen last minute fathers day orders, why do people leave it so late grr

Kev

Ah great Kev, mine is the Pcut CT630 send me a pm if you need ;)

Now this is a good Thread, in a previous post in the General Chat section there is a thread from me which has a picture of "Genuine Scrapyard Parts" logo. could you do just the white section as the red section is not needed? If you can I might just be interested.(Y)

On another note, get yourself down to Wilkinsons, there is an area down there where they do a types of vinyl, Smarties, Wood, Laminate, Metal (Look -> /// \\\ /// \\\ )types

Now this is a good Thread, in a previous post in the General Chat section there is a thread from me which has a picture of "Genuine Scrapyard Parts" logo. could you do just the white section as the red section is not needed? If you can I might just be interested.(Y)

I can do something similar, i will to a quick test tomorrow see what you think.

Hi mate, if it's not too late don't worry about it, someone else has just got back to me. but I'm sure other people would be interested.

mine came out well, nice one steve (Y) (and i nearly got it straight :p)
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC10757.JPG
    SDC10757.JPG
    265.7 KB · Views: 559
can you do 0 to tasty in 70 seconds in white for my rear window, and made with genuine stolen parts, and drive it like its stolen? how buch for these? i would like to use on rear windows just after price???? also can u do msc logo? that wuld be cool

i have pm'd you about the window decals although i dont think Kev would be happy if i started to do the msc, for that one you are best off asking him, the rest is fine though :D

It'd be sort of standard font in black and White, and I'll keep the original plate in my car ;)
apparently it's been done on other mx5s and they've never had any trouble with the 5-0 and Mot, so I think it's worth a go:)

Ok, get me all the sizes and fonts you want doing etc. so you would be sticking the numberplate to what, bonnet? theres a guy at work who has done this on a landrover and it just looks like hes done it with a permanent marker :D

Back