Various symptoms, possible poorly K12?

Hi all, have signed up to try and find a little more info from those who know these cars best before taking to the garage...

My Fiance has an '03 reg Micra S 1.2 Auto which has recently started feeling a little unhealthy. Symptons are:

• Fuel economy getting worse - having to fill up weekly at the moment, getting maybe 150 miles out of a tank max currently.
  • Juddering at higher speeds - on dual carriageways there is a definite judder coming from the engine that can be felt through the steering wheel, seemingly becoming slowly worse.
  • Flat acceleration - obviously it's never been a drag racer, but now at higher speeds you can feel it struggle to accelerate/pick-up as well as it used to.
  • Sensor lights - engine light was on, garage just reset fault and said nothing was wrong. Battery light can also be seen flashing on occasionally (usually out of corners or on hard acceleration).

I've read a lot about the timing chain bits, which sounds possible (but expensive), but is there anything else we can look at?

Much appreciated for any help anyone can give!

sounds like chain to me :-(, could be one of the coil packs on the way out though so intermitent running on three, check the chain tension first see how far its out, if thats ok then move on to others, bad missfire will cause engine light to flash which means it could cause damage to cat

Back