Replacing K12 roof aerial

There's some other similar threads to this question, but nothing definite...

I have an 04 K12 (the kids' old car) which is a great little beast but needs some TLC...

The aerial (hinged type, not screw-in) has snapped off at the base and needs replacement. I can find YouTube videos for most things but none on how to remove this horror story or what to replace it with. The radio reception is pretty crummy without it ...

Does the coax unplug?

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Remove ceiling light. Unbolt arial (under da sea) by undoing 10mm bolt, leave coax behind.
Replace arial (kiss de girl) with chosen replacement (I suggest snow White, she seems the dirtiest one).
Job jobbed, sit back and enjoy classic fm.

Ah. So you can get to the bolt by just removing the light ? I.e. without dropping down the headlining?

How does the light come out?

According to the Haynes manual (which I have just got) it seems that it has to be accessed via the head lining...

Are you sure you can get to the bolt just through the light?

I don't remember pulling the headliner on mine when I changed the seal. Some years ago I did it on a ex girlfriends k12 too, seem to remember using a ratchet spanner but that's it.

Having said that, mines a cc so it's possibly different and I may have slide the liner off from one pillar and slid my hand in on the exs car (I've done that on a car before but I think it was a clio). Only car I've ever removed the headline to fit an aerial was a mk3 golf and that was from the boot.

Back