Various questions... brakes, fueling, diesel turbos

Riiighty then...

I read somewhere that a diesel turbo can be used on a petrol (various rumours about not taking the heat are lies according to a guru on the interwebs) but the turbo will spool up way too fast, so to beat this you multiply your engine capacity by 1.75 to find the engine displacement of a suitable diesel engine turbo... eg 1000cc x 1.75 = 1750cc (1.8 diesel turbo)... any clarification/thoughts/knowledge on this would be great....

If it were to turbo my cga3de, I would need to uprate my injectors, fuel pump, rail etc? Would the aforementioned parts from a qg18de engine be sufficient or should I source from an sr20? Would the brakes from the 1.8 almera be sufficient for the new power or should I aim higher?

Finally anyone know the upper limits of boost on standard internals whilst I save for forged internals? And also anywhere I can search for these forged parts?

Attachments

• 20160703_165825.jpg
    20160703_165825.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 244
So how would a td05 fair on a cga3de with the correct setup? Would it be very leggy? Or would it's diesel pedigree mean it would spool quicker than its petrol equivalent? Or am I missing the point here lol?

yes my td05 was laggy, 5k rpm to reach half a bar
the size of the turbine has the main effect on spooling
78789.jpg

Also bud, what are the option when it comes to internals? My target is 230whp but I don't imagine standard internals would handle it?

the stock pistons wont survive anywhere near that, the crank and rods are forged tho
good luck in reaching 230 whp !

they would need to be very special pistons to sustain the 3 bar of boost pressure needed for your target figure

Whys that? If a glanza can make 250bhp on a 1.3l a 1.4 micra must be able to achieve a similar figure admittedly with alot more work lol

if you take official figures and not bull**** dyno figures, the 1331cc glanza produced 131 flywheel hp at 9psi, and you want to more than treble your 1348cc 65whp ?
3.5 x hp needs about 3.5 x VE = about 3 bar of boost

OK I'll rephrase haha, I want a dyno print of 230bhp I'm sure I read somewhere that with better intake and a non restrictive exhaust plus correct fueling for the changes you can achieve about 100bhp? If so then with a td04 plus uprated injectors, rail, pump and a good map 180 should be well withing the realms of possibility? Or am I very wrong?

If you're looking for 230bhp flywheel figure a gr2554r or equivalent will just about achieve that with the right cam. Compressor map below for info. If you wanted more you'd be looking at a gt28 sized turbo as the gt25 is not very efficient at those levels.

garrett-gt2554r-turbo-content-1.jpg

Back