vaccuum-pipe

Do you mean the Vacuum pipe from the Rocker cover or the Vacuum pipe for the Carburettor?

The Pipe from the rocker cover allows the pressure to escape from the Engine and stops Dirt particles from entering the Crankcase when Air is sucked in to the Air-pan where it says Summer/Winter.
(If the weather is warm move the little Lever to Summer, if it's cold move the Lever to Winter)

If you take off the Air filter lid you will find there is a small piece of Gauze situated on the inside of the Air-pan. This Gauze will get soaked in Oil and should be cleaned with Petrol or White spirit when doing a Service.

Some owners remove this Pipe from the Air-pan, they then block up the Hole on the Air-pan and fit a small Filter on the Rocker cover.

The pipe is obviously there for a reason but
okay.gif

....the Vacuum Pipes or Hoses (small Pipes) are connected to the Carburettor to make the car run better, if these are split or disconnected then the car runs badly....one goes to the Carburettor, one goes to the Air-pan and one goes to the Distributer.

hope that helps :)

one for the servo assisted brakes, one for a idle valve in the air pan, one to assist the auto choke and one for distributor. No not all cars have all of the above just most. Modern cars either use electronically controlled adjusters but i would imagine still use vacuums servo assisted braking.

vacuum-pipe query

hello all & many thanks for your replies.i was referring to the one going to the distributor;but all the information given,has educated me.regards

Back