Im going to go bald....!!!!!!

Im tearing my hair out !!!!! :( My 1.2 (conversion) ran fine for 30 minutes while getting it warm and checking autobox levels etc.... Then it went up the road 200 yards and started spluttering again AAAAARRRRRGGHHHHHH. The choke is definitely on when cold and off when warm. The anti-d plunger has been removed and the tickover adjuster plunger is in place but disconnected. It was revving cleanly for ages but now hardly ticks over and will not rev unless l give it a complete handful and get the accelerator pump working..... Could it be the electronic igniter unit breaking down or the coil breaking down.........Ive cleaned and set the carb...fuel level is spot on in the window. All the vaccuum pipes seem okay.
HHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP............................
(please):down:

Its not the catalytic model......but it has got electronic ignition..are the coils different for points/electronic, and do they need/not need condensors or ballast resistors...? My brain is melting.........:p

Its fine. You should beable to fine one for almost NOTHING if you look in the right places. They are not exactly hard to find!! The K10 ign ex the ECC 1.2 is VERY VERY simple. Infact about two wires is all it needs to run :)

Its fine. You should beable to fine one for almost NOTHING if you look in the right places. They are not exactly hard to find!! The K10 ign ex the ECC 1.2 is VERY VERY simple. Infact about two wires is all it needs to run :)

Cheers Ed.....this is getting very frustrating. Ive just found the old 1.0 dizzy with points, under a pile of old bits in my garden :blush: . Ive cleaned it up, set it and will try it Sunday. If that solves the problem then l will find another electronic one. Same goes for the old carb, but thats in a zillion bits on my dining table now, as it was rusty and furred up from being outside. Ive got all the bits soaking in plus-gas and 3-in-1....and am going to buy 'another' can of carb cleaner then try it out... (in between watching F1, British Superbikes AND World Superbikes)...nice relaxed easy day :laugh:

All done and dusted. Took the top of the carb of (AGAIN) and blew it out with a mates portable high pressure air compressor... Been about 20 miles in various conditions with no missfire or problems. Its running real nice and smooth (and NOT slow) (Y)
Thanks for everyones replies on my posts. Will do a vid soon and post it :grinning:

I got it MOT'd and taxed today....did about 100 miles. All seems well and good. I had to get it weighed to verify the class of MOT. Class 3 or 4. Its a 3 as it came in at exactly 400kgs with both petrol tanks full. F*** does it get off the line.....!!!!!!! (Y)

Me and the trike, with my mate Iain whose helped loads....
TheBasketcaseIainandMe.jpg

Bazza :)

Back