Purpose of this hose?

See image. Car is a 12SR.

The Red hose is blanked off with a bolt. Its obviously a vaccuum hose for something but what?
There is a empty connector (circled) which logically would be where the hose would go.

My question is, is that where it connects, what does it do, and why on earth would someone disconnect and black it off?
20130612_143226.jpg

Found a couple of 12SR's engine views on Youtube, but not sure I can see that pipe o_O

..I need to work on my Japanese...the only thing I understood was "auto wiper" for the red one :p

...there is a member here who has a lovely 12SR,
he only really speaks Japanese, so uses translation software to post here...which is not too often
...not sure if he may be able to help but could be worth a shot CandyYamagichi
his Youtube...of goodness :p http://www.youtube.com/user/candyyamaguchi/videos

sorry I couldn't be more help...mine's a dci LOL

Cheers, yeah not auto wiper as they dont have it. They dont have auto lights or smart keys either!
pretty sure my CR14DE had the hose but i can remember. Ill check pics of my old engine bay too.

Anyway had a bit of a play and whatnot yesterday. Hose is part of the EVAP canister system, strange as theres already a million house going to and from it.
With the car idling, if i unlock the hose, it whistles a lot (vaccuum) and idle increase a bit.
Shortened it, re-blocked it, and it can remain a mystery :)

Back