Using exhaust cam as inlet cam ADVICE

Hi,

I have a new unused Matt Humphris 774 coilpack exhaust cam which I won't be using in my car due to minimal gains. (I'd think the £250 will be better spent to replace the restrictive stock exhaust system for a Janspeed or a Mij system).

So I want to (most likely) sell the cam. Obviously no one wants to just buy an exhaust cam on its own, so can I sell it as an inlet camshaft? (since the inlet gives most gains so people will be interested in just buying an inlet cam).

By inspecting the cam, the only thing I can see is that the locating dowel on the end of the camshaft will not line up with the inlet cam sprocket hole, so the inlet cam sprocket will just need to be rotated a certain amount to make everything line up. Am I right in thinking this will be the only thing that will need to be done, and everything else is the same?

Please someone just give the go ahead so I can potentially try to make a sale!

Thanks as always folks!

PS - I think I have asked this sort of question before but can't find my bloody post!

Going by the comparison photos of the 250deg inlet and 774 exhaust, I seem to be right. But a confirmation from anyone would be ace.

IMG-0116.JPG

yes i used an exh on the inlet a few times (and visa-versa) my dowels were filed offset so i just positioned the offset and chainlink to suit.
you probably have more chance of selling your inlet tho (swap them over)

yes i used an exh on the inlet a few times (and visa-versa) my dowels were filed offset so i just positioned the offset and chainlink to suit.
you probably have more chance of selling your inlet tho (swap them over)

Yeah sounds like a good idea, will just swap em over.

Back