Urgent - Need Wheel Bearing Info

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Hye guys,

just need a quick bit of info or how to.

My rear wheel bearings have been on the way out for a while now, but it got pretty damn loud last night so I want to try and replace them asap.

There seems to be 2 different qoutes going around, one for the bearing and the second for the 'wheel bearing hub assembly'.

Nick (nsm) gave me a price which I assume is the hub assembly since, as usual Nissan is double the price lol.

But Repco have the wheel cylinder bearing for $50, can I replce the bearing itself or do I have to replce the hub? I know the fronts are pressed in, but I didn't think the rears were?

I've done a search and it seems to indicate that I need to do the whole hub, just confused at the $50 qoute.

I'm hoping I can get away with just the bearings cause I need the car going asap (skyline is in the workshop so this is my only daily atm)

Cheers,
Matt

*edit* just called repco back to check, the person must have been on drugs...the guys said you need the fool hub and they don't have a listing for them....

sigh, nick i'll be ordering them off you next week :p

Matt

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
yup lol, can i confirm those ones you qouted were the full hub? i'll get those, the shoes and do they have like a lock nut that holds the whole hub together? i'll get new ones of those to if possible :)

Back