Transmission Input Shaft Bearing

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Soooo, my tansmission needs a new input shaft bearing, was going to replace the box, but mechanic says its not TOO bad to get it out with a normal cheap puller once you split the box.

Anyone ever done this before? Only reason I ask is that the box itself is in pretty good nick, gears are still god, just noisy as hell.

Cheers,
Matt

CMF_620racer

» CMF Member
Hey Matt,

No drama's at all providing your reasonably handy on the tools, take it easily and methodically. I pulled the gearbox out one arvo, split and replaced the bearing and seal that night and stuck it all back together the next morning. A press would be handy to install the new bearing, but not essential.

Give it a go, the worst that can happen is you have to buy a replacement box, which you were going to do anyway. Nissan had the bearings and seal in stock, and were cheaper than CBC.

Trev

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
here,s how it looks with the cover off matt, i recall 5th gear spitting its pawls out when i pulled on the cluster lol, and the selector mech is a bit of a chinese puzzle :eek:
and if you can get a k10 haynes manual, they do a full stripdown of the RS5F41A, (the same as mine) which is a scaled down version of your type 31 g/box

Attachments

• 50875.jpg
    50875.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 26
Back